I’m so confused…

Dinky    

For a while maybe, I’ve been thinking about my sexuality (I identify myself as a straight female), I couldn’t answer why then but I just was. Today, I discovered demisexuality through a Youtube short video and someone lightly explained what that meant. According to Google “Demisexuality is a sexual orientation in which a person feels sexually attracted to someone only after they've developed a close emotional bond with them. Forming a bond doesn't guarantee a person will feel a sexual attraction, but the bond is needed before sexual activity is even possible.”.  I decided to read some articles, and found some of the signs of being demisexual related to me, other than the definition I stated, but I can’t confirm or deny that I am. I haven’t dated guys that I’ve been friends, because I was scared they’d wouldn’t feel the same, but I dated two dudes that I barely knew and saw (one rarely came to school then dropped out and the other lived out of state and we only met once). Of course, those two didn’t workout and now with most of my guy friends, we don’t talk anymore or we barely talk at all. My problem maybe is, some of the girl-friends I have, I’ve thought that if they asked me if they wanted to try some stuff out, I’d be down but not really because I don’t want anything to happen with our friendship. I don’t know if I’m just tripping or does demisexuality has a play in this. And sorry if this offends or confuses anyone, I just need help figuring myself out 😞. And Happy Pride Month ❤️

Hey @Dinky

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors which means I give advice to those who reach out to us, and we are here to help you figure this out :)

I'm wondering, can you tell me more about some of the signs of demisexuality that relate to you? At this point, I guess my questions would be, for the girlfriends of yours who you'd be down to try stuff with, if you didn't know them and weren't' close to them, how would you feel about trying things out? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e