Confused about sexuality and Christian

Suziegal    

I'm a female currently in a long term relationship with a man. I've only dated men. I have been interested in women but my religion goes against it. I'm not sure how to navigate these feelings. I am unsure about my current relationship in many aspects and would like to date other men and possibly women but feel stuck. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Ditch the Label Staff
11 hours ago, Suziegal said:

I'm a female currently in a long term relationship with a man. I've only dated men. I have been interested in women but my religion goes against it. I'm not sure how to navigate these feelings. I am unsure about my current relationship in many aspects and would like to date other men and possibly women but feel stuck. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hi there and welcome to the community 🙂

I’m Blondie, and I’m one of the support mentors.

Thank you so much for opening up about how you feel. You have definitely come to the right place - there are lots of other people on here, who feel the same and Ditch the label is a very accepting and supportive community.  I’m sorry you are feeling stuck at the moment. You said your religion goes against you dating women. Do you mind telling me a bit more about this? Is this something you yourself believe in or is it the community around you?

Staff-Account.png

On 6/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, Suziegal said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah! I know exactly how you feel! Its not a good feeling when you can't be yourself due to your religion, but just know that don't let that or anything stop your for being you because you will not change regardless.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:00 PM, Suziegal said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

As someone who is/was raised in a strict Christian household, I completely understand. It has taken me 5 years to able to admit to myself that i'm bi, let alone other people. Never let your religion define you, that's your job. All religions have a strict set of rules that the founders ( of the religion) believe everyone is supposed to fit and obey, but that is never the case. It can be extremely scary to be yourself after living another way for a long time but it the best place to start is trust in yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm an AroAce Christian. It's been super hard to even accept that fact, and even harder to navigate Christianity with that fact. 

Look, God put homosexuality on the list of sins, yes, but it is listed with sins that CAN BE FORGIVEN. So even if you are bi, you can accept that fact while still being Christian. And if you're scared of coming out to the Christian community, then don't! I'm not planning to come out any time soon, if ever. (I'm scared of being told that it's not a real thing and being kicked out of the house :/) You don't need to come to terms with it right away, but you also don't have to live with internalized homophobia if that's what you're dealing with. Hope this helps!!!

Sending love and choccy milk your way! (unless you don't like choclate or milk or are lactose)