i want to break off from my group of friends because most of the time when i leave our voice chats i feel like absolute crap

so ive been friends with this group of people since about mid 2020, we've come to be really close and it's actually something i'm starting to regret more than anything. you see, we have our moments where we have our laughs and good times but, we don't have enough if you know what i mean. most of it is arguing and sometimes going days without talking. today, we got into it again, only it was with one specific friend.ย  basically, we were going to play a game and then we switched to another one and he asked me if i would get voice chat and, to get voice chat on this particular platform you had to send some form of identification along with a selfie to have your age verified. i told him i was uncomfortable doing this then, he proceeded to get on me about it and just at least attempt to bring me down and make me feel bad. then, he went into our group chat and said that i was spreading lies about everyone and that i had "switched up" leading to me getting removed for a couple of minutes before he added me back. along with this, we play games and just recently we've started playing a game that my pc can't handle yet, i make the attempt to play with them anyways though i running the game at 2 fps barely being able to move. i also have a condition with my chest it's called like pectus evactum or something like that, when they run out of things to throw at me in the arguments we do have, they come at me for either this or my ADHD. for whatever reason though, i wanna leave but, i always end up coming back and its just a repeating cycle and i honestly have no idea where to start when it comes to actually leaving them. another thing is, i'm scared they may try to interfere with other things in my life for leaving and try to ruin them as well. anyway thats about it..

if anyone wants to read this, read it, and if you have any advice for me, please share it.

Hey @wondrleafย Welcome to the Ditch the Label Community. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

I am Daisie a Community Warden and I ensure the forums remain a safe and positive place for all, I read your post and I wondered whether you'd like to talk things through with one of our Trained Digital Mentors? ย They offer support and advice to our users. I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. ๐Ÿ˜Šย @Blondieย & @Aurora

Please give me a shout if you need anything in the mean time! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by Daisie

image.png

image.png

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, wondrleaf said:

so ive been friends with this group of people since about mid 2020, we've come to be really close and it's actually something i'm starting to regret more than anything. you see, we have our moments where we have our laughs and good times but, we don't have enough if you know what i mean. most of it is arguing and sometimes going days without talking. today, we got into it again, only it was with one specific friend.ย  basically, we were going to play a game and then we switched to another one and he asked me if i would get voice chat and, to get voice chat on this particular platform you had to send some form of identification along with a selfie to have your age verified. i told him i was uncomfortable doing this then, he proceeded to get on me about it and just at least attempt to bring me down and make me feel bad. then, he went into our group chat and said that i was spreading lies about everyone and that i had "switched up" leading to me getting removed for a couple of minutes before he added me back. along with this, we play games and just recently we've started playing a game that my pc can't handle yet, i make the attempt to play with them anyways though i running the game at 2 fps barely being able to move. i also have a condition with my chest it's called like pectus evactum or something like that, when they run out of things to throw at me in the arguments we do have, they come at me for either this or my ADHD. for whatever reason though, i wanna leave but, i always end up coming back and its just a repeating cycle and i honestly have no idea where to start when it comes to actually leaving them. another thing is, i'm scared they may try to interfere with other things in my life for leaving and try to ruin them as well. anyway thats about it..

if anyone wants to read this, read it, and if you have any advice for me, please share it.

Hi @wondrleaf, welcome to the community ๐Ÿ˜€. Iโ€™m Aurora, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label, that Daisy kindly tagged in her post. Iโ€™m glad you found us. Can I just start by saying that I think itโ€™s great that you are trying to look after your own wellbeing. It sounds like your friends are not being good friends at all as they are making you feel bad about yourself. And that is not OK! I can understand your reluctance to just want to break it off with them, in case they try to interfere with other things in your life. Do you think you could phase them out slowly? Do you think that might work? Also, do you have other friends, who you could see more and maybe talk to about this situation?