Toxic work environment

Fighterboy125    

I work in a family business... But my dad and my brother keep on fighting.. I hate it here but I have to work cause this thing makes money... After my mom passed away (11months ago) it's been very tough specially cause now I feel no one in this world actually loves me most people have their own selfish reasons to put up to me... And they make it very clear too.... Their have been terrible fights between my brother (9 yrs elder than me) and my dad... The firm will collapse if both of them keep on going like this ... There is power struggle, there is fight for money.... It's been shit.... I don't have any problem with both of them but I am stuck in between... Listening to both of them... Complaining and putting allegations on each other... My brother has a wife too.. she is alright... But I sometimes feel she doesn't have a mind of her own she does everything my brother tells... I have a very old grandmother too..

I sometimes feel I should take my father and grandmother and go away... It's hard being together.. I feel I am wise because I don't want them to fight and be together....

Shiiiit I don't know....

But I do need someone to talk to regularly...

To get a different perspective on things and not getting stuck up ....

Someone who understands emotions and can guide me through then.... Make me less anxious, so that I stop overthinking.....

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm one of the digital mentors here at the DTL community and I give support to those who reach out to us. It sounds like the environment is quite stressful for you at the moment which is understandable. It's so hard to see people that you love in such intense conflict, and it's completely normal to feel the way you do about it. I'm wondering, why do you think they are like this?

Also, I'm really sorry to hear about your mom passing away. How have you been coping? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e