scared!

neekob2222    

so i´m scared because I have a bunch of kids that are in my school and they all know me cause of my older brother and if i came out to them i know that i am going to get clowned and made fun of and i also have a

crush on my day 1 best friend cause me and him been friends since day 1 he´s my for lifer and i have a crush on him and im scared to come out and tell him because i don´t know how he is going to react.

Hey

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us :)

So, there are two aspects to this: coming out generally and then also telling your best friend how you feel. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about why you feel you would be made fun of if you came out? Also, I'm wondering, how do you think your best friend feels about you in terms of potentially having a crush?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

i would be made fun of if i came out cause i have a lot of straught friends in my school and ik that i will be made fun of. And i never came out to my friend as having a crush on him or being bi.

13 hours ago, neekob2222 said:

i would be made fun of if i came out cause i have a lot of straught friends in my school and ik that i will be made fun of. And i never came out to my friend as having a crush on him or being bi.

Hey there,

Ah, okay. I think that can be a pretty common experience for people when they come out; what would it be like for you to come out and go through that? Do you think it would be good in the long run for you to be out, or would you rather wait? 

I mean i wouldn´t really care but i don´t wanna lose most of my friends. and yeah i think it would be good to come out .

1 hour ago, neekob2222 said:

I mean i wouldn´t really care but i don´t wanna lose most of my friends. and yeah i think it would be good to come out .

Hey,

Yeah, it's completely normal to be worried about losing friends when you come out, but my perspective is that if they don't want to be your friend once you come out, then it might be time for some new friends anyway, ones who accept and respect you for who you are :)

What do you think?