Help. Questioning and Confused

breezy    

Hello, I'm new here.

I've supported the LGBT community for years but it's my first time ever trying to connect with the community. Also this is my first attempt to join a chat group. I'm feeling really isolated and confused. I'm a 22 year old female and I've been struggling for a while. I think maybe I might be bisexual but I have absolutely no one to talk to about as I'm from a very religious background. How do I figure out what I am? I've worried about it for years and tried to avoid thinking about it but I think I'm finally ready to face myself and try to figure this out. I really need to connect with people who understand. What should I do? I'm really overwhelmed and uncertain. Thanks for any help.

With love, Breezy

Welcome Breezy!

Thank you for bringing this to Community!

As you can see, I've moved your story and questions to the Sexuality, Dating, & Relationships category-- that way people can easily find the thread.

I'm sorry you're feeling isolated. That's never a nice feeling. Community is a safe space-- nothing is out of bounds to talk about. What you're working through is a normal process. I'm proud of you for looking to be the truest you-- it's hard, sometimes to find that if your community doesn't support it.

What have you identified about yourself so far? That you are sexually and romantically attracted to both genders? What do you hope will happen with your family and friends if/when you open up about being part of the LGBTQ+ spectrum?

Know, you are completely accepted, here. The true you is the most perfect you!

https://us.ditchthelabel.org/8-things-know-questioning-sexuality/

-- I know online support isn't always ideal, but it's a great start to know that you're not alone. And that you're supported, fully. Then, we can work to tackle being more open about yourself within your community.

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.