Introducing myself!

starrysaturn    

Hi, 

I (19F) have recently started questioning my sexuality and it's been really confusing. I've always liked boys but lately, I've been open to other genders aside from men. I'm having a really hard time embracing who I am because I don't live in the most accepting home. A part of me has been suppressing these feelings for years because I don't any of my relationships around me to change.  

On a slightly lighter note, I just finished my first year of university, I used to be a dancer, I live in Canada, and I want to be a doctor someday! 

1 hour ago, starrysaturn said:

Hi, 

I (19F) have recently started questioning my sexuality and it's been really confusing. I've always liked boys but lately, I've been open to other genders aside from men. I'm having a really hard time embracing who I am because I don't live in the most accepting home. A part of me has been suppressing these feelings for years because I don't any of my relationships around me to change.  

On a slightly lighter note, I just finished my first year of university, I used to be a dancer, I live in Canada, and I want to be a doctor someday! 

Hello, my fellow Canadian, and welcome to the community! It sucks that you don't have the most accepting home and are having trouble embracing who you are, but I hope that gets better eventually. Do you want any help trying to figure out your sexuality, or anything else?

1 hour ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Hello, my fellow Canadian, and welcome to the community! It sucks that you don't have the most accepting home and are having trouble embracing who you are, but I hope that gets better eventually. Do you want any help trying to figure out your sexuality, or anything else?

Yea, help figuring this all out would definitely be nice! I am also having a hard time just talking to the people that have supported me through everything. I have been working up the nerve for the past 2 weeks to tell my cousin how I'm feeling and I saw her tonight. No matter how much I wanted to or how hard I tried I just couldn't get the words out. I thought I was ready to tell her that I'm questioning but maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was. I guess I'm asking if you have any tips on being more courageous and how to talk to the people you know would support you anyway? 

• Ditch the Label Staff
4 hours ago, starrysaturn said:

Hi, 

Hi there, I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Welcome to community! 

Given that you were raised in a non accepting home, it’s understandable to be struggling with this.

Ultimately you are who you were always meant to be and you deserve the time and space to explore and process.

Sharing with someone you trust as a starting point can be a huge help and you can reduce the feeling of a serious conversation by chatting in a more relaxed, side-by-side way.

Having an ally close by can make all the difference.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, starrysaturn said:

Yea, help figuring this all out would definitely be nice! I am also having a hard time just talking to the people that have supported me through everything. I have been working up the nerve for the past 2 weeks to tell my cousin how I'm feeling and I saw her tonight. No matter how much I wanted to or how hard I tried I just couldn't get the words out. I thought I was ready to tell her that I'm questioning but maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was. I guess I'm asking if you have any tips on being more courageous and how to talk to the people you know would support you anyway? 

I think when you want to come out, sometimes it feels like it’s too much at one time. Sometimes it helps if you say that you have something to share, or that you want to talk to them about something later, so that you can just share it with them. There doesn’t have to be a big lead up either. You can just share what you want to share and explain after. Hope this helps that! With you’re sexuality, can you share what you think about it? What do you think your preferences are?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I think when you want to come out, sometimes it feels like it’s too much at one time. Sometimes it helps if you say that you have something to share, or that you want to talk to them about something later, so that you can just share it with them. There doesn’t have to be a big lead up either. You can just share what you want to share and explain after. Hope this helps that! With you’re sexuality, can you share what you think about it? What do you think your preferences are?

Thanks, that def helps me feel more comfortable sharing with them. 

As for my preferences, I like both girls and boys romantically and sexually. I also think I wouldn’t be opposed to other genders such as non-binary, gender fluid etc. if I met the right person! I think this might mean I’m pansexual or maybe polysexual! 

thanks for the help! 

21 minutes ago, starrysaturn said:

Thanks, that def helps me feel more comfortable sharing with them. 

As for my preferences, I like both girls and boys romantically and sexually. I also think I wouldn’t be opposed to other genders such as non-binary, gender fluid etc. if I met the right person! I think this might mean I’m pansexual or maybe polysexual! 

thanks for the help! 

That sounds likely. Have you also considered omnisexual? It's when you can like all genders, but you have a preference.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

That sounds likely. Have you also considered omnisexual? It's when you can like all genders, but you have a preference.

Wow, I’d never actually considered omnisexual but I think that might actually be me! Thanks!! 

11 hours ago, starrysaturn said:

Wow, I’d never actually considered omnisexual but I think that might actually be me! Thanks!! 

Glad to help!

• Like 1