My feel like my nose is way to big

lizzie    

I have a large nose, but it only stands out when I take pictures profile. I feel like I look ugly when i smile because of it, and it doesn't help that no one else in my school looks the way I do. I feel like if my nose was smaller I would be prettier. Does anyone else feel this way, and how can I get my self confidence up?

Hey Lizzie!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I also struggle with self-confidence from time-to-time, as do most people.

How long have you been feeling like this for?

When I have those negative thoughts about my own appearance, I focus on what I like about myself. By not paying attention to the negative thoughts, you are not giving them the power to take over your mind.

This support guide contains some good tips for overcoming low self-confidence:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-10-tips-of-overcoming-low-self-esteem/

I look forward to hearing back from you!

-Monsoon J

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

i get like this about my weight. i feel so fat and my advise is to whenever u think something bad about urself, think of something good. so focus on something on ur face u like

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I just feel like it sticks out way too much and ruins my face when I smile so I always cover my nose and mouth with my hand. I feel like everyone else has a smaller nose and get jealous when their's don't stick out in photos. I've never seen a girl with a nose like mine, so i always compare it to faces unlike mine, and that is definitely a problem I need to work on.

Hey Lizzie,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I hated my nose for years. I used to compare it to other noses and it just made me even more self-conscious. It has taken time for to think positively about my nose, but I just used to focus on what I liked about myself whenever I had those negative thoughts.

I hope this helps. It is important to be patient with this as it is likely to take a while to change the way you think about it.

Sending positive vibes -Monsoon :)

Thanks. I starting following body positive feeds on twitter and Instagram, and un-followed the ones that made me feel bad! That really helped, and seeing people who looked different and who weren't all photo-shopped made me feel a lot better. Without the stress of School seeing as I'm out for the summer has helped me focus on ways to feel better and deal with my anxiety and low self esteem

Thanks for the positive vibes!

-lizzie

Hey LIZZIE,

Following body positive feeds is a great thing to do. Social media can have a negative influence on our self-esteem, but because it happens slowly, we often don't notice that it is making us that way.

I'm glad you have some time off from school - it will be healthy to held you to deal with what you feel insecure about.

Please keep us updated on your journey - we are still here to help :)

Positive vibes - Monsoon

I dyed my hair red-orange last week, and honestly it is good to have something that's your favorite color on you at all times, and it helps distract me from my face when it's one of THOSE days and i feel really down. I still have days when i hate my nose more than I hate anything else o my body, but it really is getting better! My acne is also getting better so that's nice too.

Thanks!

-lizzie