I am confused about my gender and sexuality

Elio    

Well, I came out as transgender and bisexual two years ago but when I started dating a lesbian I feel like I am a lesbian too and I don't really get attracted by boys romantically I only see them as a friend so I like them as a friend

But at the same time I wanna be a boy bro I literally dont know myself anymore

At this moment I only like girls whose close to me jxisnjs

• Pride 1

4 minutes ago, Elio said:

Well, I came out as transgender and bisexual two years ago but when I started dating a lesbian I feel like I am a lesbian too and I don't really get attracted by boys romantically I only see them as a friend so I like them as a friend

Hey there,

Welcome to the community it's lovely to meet you! It sounds like 2 years ago you was going more to being transgender and bisexual, but after dating a Lesbian you feel like you're maybe a Lesbian too, is that correct? Often we feel like when we have something that isn't what we usually have is what we are or 'want' etc, but in your case it seems its confusing for you to think all this at once? I can hear you want to be a boy 'bro' too and that's okay, you can of course be what you want to be, and people should respect your decision! Liking girls who are only close to you is a alright thing to feel, it's not unusual for people to only like certain genders that are close to them because it gives them more clarity that the person who they like will know you, if that makes sense?

Hugs, leila x

14 minutes ago, Elio said:

Hey, sometimes sexuality can change and you just have to remember that you know yourself better than other people. If you think you're a lesbian, then go for it. And you can totally be a bro without liking guys or being a guy. It's a touch harder, but if you treat your friends like bros, they'll probably start to include you as a bro.

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

Ambi was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 25 points.

Hi, Elio! I think what would help is you thinking about your sexuality and gender separately. Sexuality first, if you feel like you only have an attraction towards women, then that is okay. Many people don't get it right the first time and end up correcting their sexuality from Bi to Gay, or Gay to Poly. It really doesn't matter what label you put on it, as long as you know what you are attracted to. It is okay if you think you only like women now or even vice versa. Gender second, I have no experience with being trans, but I do know that sexuality is fluid. You may be a female, male, or anything between or outside of that separately or all at the same time. It can be a confusing thing to figure out, so I encourage you to research the different types of genders and see if any of them fit you. Whatever gender you are, it should not affect who you are attracted to. If you like girls, you like girls no matter how you identify.

For some clarification, though, you identify as a male and you went out with a lesbian? If so, I can see how confusing that can be. My dilemma with this is the fact that you went out with someone who views you as female (I'm assuming since it was a girl whos only attracted to girls). Did it make you feel uncomfortable to be viewed as a female? Do you think you had to be more feminine to be in this relationship? If you are sure that you identify as male, and you are attracted to females, it is normal for you to like this person, but if this person only wants to date you if you are female, then this is a problem. You need to make sure, whoever you are dating is okay with dating your gender. For example, if you were a straight guy, you wouldn't want to date a man, and it'd be wrong to date a Trans man only because you view him as a woman still. Does that make sense? Dating someone who doesn't accept you can be hurtful and confusing. If that is why you're confused, you should really think about whether or not you are okay with being viewed as female, even if you love the person that views you this way.

• Like 2