Should I come out to my freinds as gay?

Summer13087    

So my girl group we have all made a pro.ise to never keep secrets from eachother but I am now questioning whether to tell them I'm gay or just keep quiet not to ruin things

Hey, do you think that they'd react well to you coming out to them? You could try making a comment at first about something that has to do with the lgbtq+ community and go from there.

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
13 hours ago, Summer13087 said:

So my girl group we have all made a pro.ise to never keep secrets from eachother but I am now questioning whether to tell them I'm gay or just keep quiet not to ruin things

Hey there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Can I ask how you think telling them might ruin things?

Staff-Account.png

On 5/31/2022 at 2:35 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

Hey, do you think that they'd react well to you coming out to them? You could try making a comment at first about something that has to do with the lgbtq+ community and go from there.

Ok what should I do from there if they don't get the hint?

• Ditch the Label Staff
12 minutes ago, Summer13087 said:

If they don't get the hint, could you raise a point around a situation like "I overheard someone being homophobic and was shocked" and see what their reactions are?

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Summer13087 said:

If they don't get the hint, maybe say that you saw a gay/queer couple and were wondering if it was a normal thing. If they seem okay with it, you can try to come out. If they seem really negative about it, I'd advise to hold on a little longer and see if something changes

9 hours ago, Blondie said:

If they don't get the hint, could you raise a point around a situation like "I overheard someone being homophobic and was shocked" and see what their reactions are?

Ok will try 

Talk in about two hours mabye I'm going out with them tonight as a johnny depp trial  night

• Like 1

The trial is a great subject to bring up because Amber is queer and is currently in a relationship with a woman. She even had this incident where she accused a cop on being homophobic to her, but it turns out the cop she accused was a lesbian, so she was lying. Maybe mention that and see how they feel about it.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:36 PM, Summer13087 said:

I did and my friends where like she obviously is lying and that Johnny was right o win what does that mean?

Hey there,

What did they say she was lying about? Her relationship/queer status or the allegations against Johnny Depp? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Summer13087 said:

She said she was lying about being queer

Hey,

That's interesting. I wonder what she would get out of lying about being queer? Did they talk about that? 

She said she was only trying to be queer to try snd get support from the lgbtq+ community and idk if I should ask my other girl friends this idea and see how they would respond if I came out

2 hours ago, Summer13087 said:

Can I get some private help?

Hey,

Sure. If you scroll to the top of the page, click the confidential support tab and send us a message there. Speak soon.