This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating, Mental Illness, Suicide, Death, Other, Self-Harm, Hate, Abuse

Tw: talks about restricted eating, and vomiting, and talks about eating disorders. . HELP

-Leila- Β  Β 

40 minutes ago, Thisboiistrans said:

Hey axel,

How are you feeling now?

Hi.

I feel calmer but I can feel my chest pasing fasterΒ 

22 hours ago, -Axel- said:

I looked at the YouTube meditation links Blondie showed me they help a lot. It was scary I thought I was dying.

Hey,

That's really good that they help a lot. I'm wondering, how often do you do a meditation?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

That's really good that they help a lot. I'm wondering, how often do you do a meditation?Β 

Blondie said every morning or put it into a routine. I haven't put it in my routine but I do it when I feel overwhelmed or feel like giving up.

• Like 1

Just now, -Axel- said:

Blondie said every morning or put it into a routine. I haven't put it in my routine but I do it when I feel overwhelmed or feel like giving up.

I think it would probably help if you did it regularly, so when you do it, you already have those connections to calmness.

44 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I think it would probably help if you did it regularly, so when you do it, you already have those connections to calmness.

Yeah maybe. I'll try to. Gradually do it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, -Axel- said:

Hey there,

I'm glad that you've found something helpful when you're feeling on the edge. It's really good to do them when you're calm as well as @Emberfrost12Β said; doing this helps you to get into an even deeper state of calm which is always refreshing, especially when you've been struggling so much with your mental health. What do you think? Could it be helpful to work them into your routine?

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm glad that you've found something helpful when you're feeling on the edge. It's really good to do them when you're calm as well as @Emberfrost12Β said; doing this helps you to get into an even deeper state of calm which is always refreshing, especially when you've been struggling so much with your mental health. What do you think? Could it be helpful to work them into your routine?

I'm going to try yes as it hopefully will help. I've eaten something small today but it's progress

21 hours ago, -Axel- said:

I'm going to try yes as it hopefully will help. I've eaten something small today but it's progress

That's really good to hear :)

What do you think helped you to make that progress?Β 

16 hours ago, Monsoon said:

That's really good to hear :)

What do you think helped you to make that progress?Β 

I hate feeling unwell. Plus it means I'm having to stay longer in this psych ward but I don't want to.

5 hours ago, -Axel- said:

I hate feeling unwell. Plus it means I'm having to stay longer in this psych ward but I don't want to.

Hey there,

So, was it knowing that you hate feeling unwell that helped you to eat the other day? I know that you don't want to stay in the psych ward, but just remember that it's important to get as healthy as you can so that you can cope when you get out rather than trying to rush through in order to leave earlier; what do you think?Β 

20 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

So, was it knowing that you hate feeling unwell that helped you to eat the other day? I know that you don't want to stay in the psych ward, but just remember that it's important to get as healthy as you can so that you can cope when you get out rather than trying to rush through in order to leave earlier; what do you think?Β 

That's true. Sorry I had time out from my mobile phone to have time to myself. I'm going to keep working with the team and myself so that I can be healthy and put on weight, and get support with my eating.

6 hours ago, -Axel- said:

That's true. Sorry I had time out from my mobile phone to have time to myself. I'm going to keep working with the team and myself so that I can be healthy and put on weight, and get support with my eating.

Although I don't know what it's like to spend time in the ward like you're doing now, I can imagine that it's very different to real life and that you're missing things in the outside world, and it's completely normal to want to get out quickly. On the other hand though, you are surrounded by experts who can help you through this hard time, so use it as much as you can and make the most of it because they're all there to help you. What do you think?

Β 

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Although I don't know what it's like to spend time in the ward like you're doing now, I can imagine that it's very different to real life and that you're missing things in the outside world, and it's completely normal to want to get out quickly. On the other hand though, you are surrounded by experts who can help you through this hard time, so use it as much as you can and make the most of it because they're all there to help you. What do you think?

It's very different I have set times when I can have my phone, which is 3 times q day ( every meal time ) but I do feel trapped but its for my own good. If I wasn't here I would be struggling outside in the world and I'd be falling much deeper inside. So I think jts good to talk about how I feel with the psych team as they are here for me. But also thank you!

11 hours ago, -Axel- said:

It's very different I have set times when I can have my phone, which is 3 times q day ( every meal time ) but I do feel trapped but its for my own good. If I wasn't here I would be struggling outside in the world and I'd be falling much deeper inside. So I think jts good to talk about how I feel with the psych team as they are here for me. But also thank you!

Hey there,

Yeah, it's really good to talk about how you're feeling, especially when you have people around you who are trained to support people through difficulties with their wellbeing. What have you found helpful about being on the ward so far?

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, it's really good to talk about how you're feeling, especially when you have people around you who are trained to support people through difficulties with their wellbeing. What have you found helpful about being on the ward so far?

That I am not alone with all my thoughts, I felt I had self harm thoughts but I sat and talked with a member of the psych team on the ward and she sat with me for over a hour to make sure I got everything out. I feel cared for which is weird, but I feel emotionally a lot better.

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, -Axel- said:

I'm exhausted :/

Recovery can be very tiring at times. I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling supported on the ward and that you are feeling emotionally better. We’re also here for you!

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Recovery can be very tiring at times. I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling supported on the ward and that you are feeling emotionally better. We’re also here for you!

Thank you! I'm taking each day as it comes!

31 minutes ago, -Axel- said:

I want to self harm πŸ˜•Β 

Thank you for telling me that, Axel. It sounds like you're doing quite well at the moment which is lovely to hear, and just remember that the urge to self-harm comes and goes, and it doesn't mean you're doing worse just because you have the urge. I'm wondering, can you speak to one of the adults in your unit to get some advice?Β 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Thank you for telling me that, Axel. It sounds like you're doing quite well at the moment which is lovely to hear, and just remember that the urge to self-harm comes and goes, and it doesn't mean you're doing worse just because you have the urge. I'm wondering, can you speak to one of the adults in your unit to get some advice?Β 

I've spoken to them, and I'm talking which helps. They are supporting me to keep safe too. But I got weighed this morning, and I'm underweight, won't say my weight as that's against the rules but my BMI is low, which they've said isn't good. So I'm eating but I'm still not putting on the weight, so I'm freaking out but they've said that this takes time, which I agree but like I don't want to be so ill I'm close to death. But yeah.

7 hours ago, -Axel- said:

I've spoken to them, and I'm talking which helps. They are supporting me to keep safe too. But I got weighed this morning, and I'm underweight, won't say my weight as that's against the rules but my BMI is low, which they've said isn't good. So I'm eating but I'm still not putting on the weight, so I'm freaking out but they've said that this takes time, which I agree but like I don't want to be so ill I'm close to death. But yeah.

Hey there,

I'm glad they're supporting you; what is it that they're doing to help keep you safe?

How did it feel for you when they said your BMI is low? Do you know what that means?

12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm glad they're supporting you; what is it that they're doing to help keep you safe?

How did it feel for you when they said your BMI is low? Do you know what that means?

I'm not entirely sure what it means but I think it means I'm underweight? I'm not known or know everything about weight etc.Β 

They are asking me If I'm alright, they sit with me even if I just want to randble on about anything. I feel like I am supported here.

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 6/21/2022 at 1:43 PM, -Axel- said:

I'm not entirely sure what it means but I think it means I'm underweight? I'm not known or know everything about weight etc.Β 

They are asking me If I'm alright, they sit with me even if I just want to randble on about anything. I feel like I am supported here.

Hey, it's a basic calculation of height and weight for working out if your weight is in a 'healthy' range.Β 

I'm so glad to hear you feel supported.Β 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey, it's a basic calculation of height and weight for working out if your weight is in a 'healthy' range.Β 

I'm so glad to hear you feel supported.Β 

Thank you. Oh okay

• Like 1