How do you know

Aiaclr    

How do you know if you bisexual or not because I’ve been thinking about being bi for about a year but I’m still not sure what l am.

I found out I was bi two days ago, after around 2+ years of consideration.

Well, the definition of bisexual is basically when you're attracted to two or more genders (not to be confused with pansexual, which is basically loving people for being who they are, regardless of gender). Usually, the genders bisexuals are attracted to are (but sometimes not limited to) men and women. Some bisexuals experience an equal attraction between men and women, whereas some may be more attracted to men, and vice versa. What I suggest is that you look over your sexuality and give yourself some more time to figure things out. While you're at it, ask yourself questions like; "Do I like guys and girls, and (if needed) are there any other genders that I have a preference for?", or; "Can I imagine/see myself dating, and having a good emotional/sexual relationship with a boy and a girl?" (you don't have to imagine being in the same relationship with a boy and a girl, unless you prefer polygamy, just try to imagine yourself being romantically involved with a boy on one hand, then a girl on the other, and try to work out to see if you like it. The important thing is to take things at your own pace, and don't rush at all. If you're feeling up to it, you can try experimenting with the same and opposite sex to see how it goes to see if you like it or not. I suggest that you should also do some more research on the bi terms, and see if they apply to you! You might also want to research other terms that may be slightly similar, such as pansexual, omnisexual, and polysexual just to differentiate, and see what matches with you while you're considering things. Good luck with figuring things out! Just remember that no one in this world but yourself has the right to tell you what your sexual preferences, genders, or pronouns are.  :)

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
4 hours ago, Aiaclr said:

How do you know if you bisexual or not because I’ve been thinking about being bi for about a year but I’m still not sure what l am.

Welcome to the Community @Aiaclr!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums and wondered if you’d feel it would be beneficial to have a chat with one of our Trained Mentors for some support and advice? I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @Monsoon & @Blondie

6 hours ago, Aiaclr said:

Hey @Aiaclr

Welcome to the DTL community; I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us :)

@Molly9090 has posted some great advice and questions; what do you think of those? I'm interested to hear your thoughts. speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e