I can’t deal with this anymore

Keira6!    

I’ve had a horrible day I got called names by one of the staff members at my school, and it’s been happening every single day, to the point to where I want to punch him. Not to mention I’ve had to move from 11 houses and 7 school since I was little. 

1 minute ago, Athena said:

I’ve had a horrible day I got called names by one of the staff members at my school, and it’s been happening every single day, to the point to where I want to punch him. Not to mention I’ve had to move from 11 houses and 7 school since I was little. 

Oh...I'm so sorry that is happening to you...

6 hours ago, Athena said:

Hey Athena,

Welcome to the community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to the community users.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're being called names by one of the staff members. I'm wondering, how is this impacting you? I'm wondering, can you tell me more about what he is calling you? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

14 hours ago, Athena said:

Have you told someone that can help you about this. And what names is he calling you. If it happens again call the cop because that is verbal assault.  I'm so sorry you've had to move so much. Why though?? Hope God helps you through this. 🙏

Yes but they brushed it off, he called me short, angry elf and said that I was heartless.  I don’t actually know why we’ve had to move so much 

3 minutes ago, Athena said:

Yes but they brushed it off, he called me short, angry elf and said that I was heartless.  I don’t actually know why we’ve had to move so much 

Could you try recording audio, so that they can’t brush it off?

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Athena,

Welcome to the community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to the community users.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're being called names by one of the staff members. I'm wondering, how is this impacting you? I'm wondering, can you tell me more about what he is calling you? 

He calls me short, and says that I am heartless, it’s gotten to the point to where I have to listen to music to not get angry

48 minutes ago, Athena said:

He calls me short, and says that I am heartless, it’s gotten to the point to where I have to listen to music to not get angry

Hey there,

That sounds really upsetting and I completely get why you're angry; your feelings are valid and totally normal in this situation. Why do you think he is doing this? 

I don’t know, he’s probably trying to get on my nerves and mess with me, he’s lucky that I haven’t had the nerves to punch him yet

21 hours ago, Athena said:

I don’t know, he’s probably trying to get on my nerves and mess with me, he’s lucky that I haven’t had the nerves to punch him yet

Hey,

It sounds like he is focusing this energy on you for some reason, and I can imagine that this makes you feel quite uncomfortable. I'm wondering, have you told anyone else about what's going on? If so, what did they say?

I have they have said that he probably just messing with me, but just this morning he called me a psycho and heartless  

Just now, Athena said:

I have they have said that he probably just messing with me, but just this morning he called me a psycho and heartless  

Could you try to record some audio and use that as evidence?

35 minutes ago, Athena said:

Yes, some adults tend to just brush it off. Next time he says something to you, confront him. And keep on telling adults someone will eventually listen and actually do something about it. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
18 hours ago, Athena said:

Even if someone is just 'messing' with you - this isn't what staff members should do, especially after you've made it clear that it's bothering you. Do you have anyone at home that can advocate for you or student support at school? 

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Blondie said:

Even if someone is just 'messing' with you - this isn't what staff members should do, especially after you've made it clear that it's bothering you. Do you have anyone at home that can advocate for you or student support at school? 

No I don’t, I just want this to stop so that I’m not as mad as I am right now 

• Ditch the Label Staff
4 hours ago, Athena said:

No I don’t, I just want this to stop so that I’m not as mad as I am right now 

I think the best thing to do is ask for a meeting with the head / principle and the staff member and explain clearly and firmly that this needs to stop. It needs to be a formal meeting so that it is recorded as an issue. Ask them what they will do to rectify. It should feel empowering to be able to take control of the situation for you - how do you feel about doing this? 

Staff-Account.png

22 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I think the best thing to do is ask for a meeting with the head / principle and the staff member and explain clearly and firmly that this needs to stop. It needs to be a formal meeting so that it is recorded as an issue. Ask them what they will do to rectify. It should feel empowering to be able to take control of the situation for you - how do you feel about doing this? 

I don’t think I can, I feel like I’ve lost everything, my best friends just graduated and I feel so alone without them. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
12 hours ago, Athena said:

I don’t think I can, I feel like I’ve lost everything, my best friends just graduated and I feel so alone without them. 

Another way can be to write it all down in an email / letter. You deserve to be treated with respect and this is a way to do it without having to do it face to face. 

That must be hard with your best friend graduating - do you still have contact with them?

Staff-Account.png

On 5/8/2022 at 5:48 AM, Blondie said:

Another way can be to write it all down in an email / letter. You deserve to be treated with respect and this is a way to do it without having to do it face to face. 

That must be hard with your best friend graduating - do you still have contact with them?

Yes I do but the haven’t been answering my text’s or calls 

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Athena said:

Yes I do but the haven’t been answering my text’s or calls 

How long has it been? Are they far away or still near enough to potentially visit?

Staff-Account.png