How do I come out to my mom?

Pedro (Peter) Β  Β 

Hii, I'm Joana and I'm bisexual and I would really like to come out to my mom. I'm not quite sure if my mom is homophobic that much, cuz sometimes she talks like she isn't but sometimes she talks like she is, for example there were times where she told "boyfriend or girlfriend", she also got mad at my father for saying gay people are not normal (she said that he could have a child like that so he sould never talk like that). But she doesn't like to see two people of the same gender kissing (mainly men) or being all cudly, she also says some things that gay men are extravagant and lesbians are mean (reminder that I do not support waht she says at all and always try to correct her). So how do I come out to her? I was thinking of leaving some clues maybe so she would figure it out alone but I have no idea what to. I though about drawing a bisexual flag on a drawing I have of Nick Nelson (since he's bisexual but if you have more ideas plss tell me. Thankkkkssss

Well I just came out to my mom and what I did was write a short note and gave it to her.

I don’t know if this was helpful. But I hope it was.😊

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chocolate chip 9909 said:

Well I just came out to my mom and what I did was write a short note and gave it to her.

I don’t know if this was helpful. But I hope it was.😊

It definitely is a way to do it. Thankk u

Ur welcome. And good luck. πŸ‘πŸ»Β 

6 hours ago, JoanaORChris said:

Hii, I'm Joana and I'm bisexual and I would really like to come out to my mom. I'm not quite sure if my mom is homophobic that much, cuz sometimes she talks like she isn't but sometimes she talks like she is, for example there were times where she told "boyfriend or girlfriend", she also got mad at my father for saying gay people are not normal (she said that he could have a child like that so he sould never talk like that). But she doesn't like to see two people of the same gender kissing (mainly men) or being all cudly, she also says some things that gay men are extravagant and lesbians are mean (reminder that I do not support waht she says at all and always try to correct her). So how do I come out to her? I was thinking of leaving some clues maybe so she would figure it out alone but I have no idea what to. I though about drawing a bisexual flag on a drawing I have of Nick Nelson (since he's bisexual but if you have more ideas plss tell me. Thankkkkssss

It sounds like she's trying to be okay with the lgbt community but still isn't used to it.Β 
According to what I'm reading here, I think she'd like to talk with the community but either doesn't know where to find the proper information, or doesn't want it.
I don't want to say that it is safe for you to do so, but i think it is.Β 
I also came out to my mom with a letter! :3Β 

• Like 2

Just now, Dywwik said:

It sounds like she's trying to be okay with the lgbt community but still isn't used to it.Β 
According to what I'm reading here, I think she'd like to talk with the community but either doesn't know where to find the proper information, or doesn't want it.

Best of luck,

Keep us updated!Β 

Β 

13 hours ago, JoanaORChris said:

Hey,

Yeah, this is pretty confusing, and it might be that she is trying to open her mind up about the community to be more supportive which is really nice actually, but also not getting it consistently right at the same time. However, I think it's really promising that she has stuck up for the community beforehand, and this suggests she will be open minded about it; what do you think? Also, I love the idea of leaving clues. Could you maybe get a phone cover or badge that has the pride flag on it?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, this is pretty confusing, and it might be that she is trying to open her mind up about the community to be more supportive which is really nice actually, but also not getting it consistently right at the same time. However, I think it's really promising that she has stuck up for the community beforehand, and this suggests she will be open minded about it; what do you think? Also, I love the idea of leaving clues. Could you maybe get a phone cover or badge that has the pride flag on it?

Yeah I do believe she would be open minded, she never really met that much LGBTQ+ person and only saw in TV mostly, so maybe that is bit of the problem. I don't have anything with the pride flag, but my phonecase is transparent so I could actually draw one, I'm really thinking about that so that she can realize on her own, so it's easier for both of us when I actually tell her.

13 hours ago, Dywwik said:

I think it's because she never socialized with someone who's LGBTQ+ so I think that has to do with it.

1 hour ago, JoanaORChris said:

Yeah I do believe she would be open minded, she never really met that much LGBTQ+ person and only saw in TV mostly, so maybe that is bit of the problem. I don't have anything with the pride flag, but my phonecase is transparent so I could actually draw one, I'm really thinking about that so that she can realize on her own, so it's easier for both of us when I actually tell her.

Hey there,

Yeah, there might be something in her actually needing to experience LGBTQ+ people more, and she can do that with you and I'm sure she will learn a lot! I like the idea of drawing on your phone case. Could you also make passing comments to her about people you find attractive?Β 

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, there might be something in her actually needing to experience LGBTQ+ people more, and she can do that with you and I'm sure she will learn a lot! I like the idea of drawing on your phone case. Could you also make passing comments to her about people you find attractive?Β 

Yeah I can, I do feel very shy when I say it but I'll try to say it more.

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I was also thinking asking her, when he are having dinner alone, something like if I could ever do something that would disappoint her or make her like me less to see how she would react. Do you think that is a good idea?

Hey there,

I think it might be better to drop hints about your sexuality, because by asking that question, you don't know what she is going to say, and it might be a better experience for you if you're more subtle as this may help her to understand more over time, rather than going straight in with asking what would disappoint her. What do you think?

3 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I think it might be better to drop hints about your sexuality, because by asking that question, you don't know what she is going to say, and it might be a better experience for you if you're more subtle as this may help her to understand more over time, rather than going straight in with asking what would disappoint her. What do you think?

Yeah that might bem verter indeed!

Yeah, I think maybe see how it goes and then if you need to, change how you're doing things to whatever suits best. What do you think?Β 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Yeah, I think maybe see how it goes and then if you need to, change how you're doing things to whatever suits best. What do you think?Β 

Yes thank u, I'll do that

20 hours ago, JoanaORChris said:

Yes thank u, I'll do that

Great! Would you like support with anything else at the moment, or are you good?Β 

19 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Great! Would you like support with anything else at the moment, or are you good?Β 

Not really, you're already helping me with other things so thank youu!!