How does someone become a digital mentor on ditch the label?

learningbrain Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Harper,

Question 1:

Do digital mentors need some educational qualification for this job?

Question 2:

Do digital mentors receive money for this job?If yes how much?

Sorry that I'm asking these many questions.I wanted to know this because I want toΒ  help people who are in confused state. This is not to question your ability. Yes I need to clear my confusions first but in the future I will help people.

• Ditch the Label Staff
  • Solution

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. We require our digital mentors to be qualified or training as psychologists, which generally means they have various university degrees in fields of psychology. Our mentors then receive additional and ongoing training from Ditch the Label and our partners.Β 

Given the nature of the role, level of qualification and responsibility, all of our mentors are paid positions.Β 

Hope that’s helpful!

- HarperΒ 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

I have a really random question. Who was the first user here?

Question 1:

How do you answer questions posted on ditch the label?

Question 2:

Do you study each person's mental condition?

Question 3:

Would you review the previous conversations while giving an answer?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi @learningbrain,

Some great questions here. Our mentors are trained in fields of psychology in order to be able to give the support that they provide, part of that training is about helping them to understand the needs of people requiring support and then providing solutions and advice that will be helpful. They also have a psychotherapist that supervises their work and checks in with them regularly - this is best known as Clinical Supervision and keeps our mentors healthy and safe and gives them a safe space to discuss their work confidentially. On your final question, generally, yes! When our mentors are giving support, they usually get to know different people in the community and what kind of support they are looking for.Β 

Hope this helps!

Harper :)Β 

Staff-Account.png