WWYD?

Phoenyx (Phe)

I've been struggling with urges to self harm for over three years (since my 14th birthday). When I have a good day, something will always happen to bring me back into the darkness. I haven't hurt myself since September of 2021, and every day is a battle to resist my urges. I can still see the scars I made over a year ago... I feel like my only purpose in life is to serve others and make them happy, at the cost of my OWN happiness. I love helping others, but it's draining all of my energy. I just want to grab my knife and make myself bleed. I REALLY shouldn't do this, but my urges are getting stronger, and I don't know if I can continue to fight them off. I've forgotten what it's like to feel happy, and every day I have to convince myself that I'm NOT a worthless person in this world... What do I do?

• Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this here. I can imagine it might not have been easy to open up about this. It takes courage to speak about our struggles like this. I wonder, with the self-harming, do you go through ups and downs with it? I just want to make sure that you stay as safe as possible, and I'm curious if there's a safer option you could try? Have you had a look at our support guide here? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e