I'm just bored every freaking time

Jaylen    

hey guys, I don't even know why I came here or what I'm planning on saying.

I just feel really overwhelmed now I guess, and I just need to vent. and if any of of you feel the same way I do, just reply.

okay so. I get bored so fast. its just so tiring and lonely. I meet new people, I find them entertaining, I hang with them, I like them, stay with them for a while, then I get bored, I want something new. I leave. find new people and repeat. even with things, I like things I get bored I want something new. one of my classmates have depression, seeing them suffer made me curious, I was so bored, I wanted to feel depression, (  please don't come at me, I know I'm stupid and have no idea what depression feels like, and no I don't take depression as a joke) I listen to sad songs I want to feel them, I listen to happy songs I want to feel them, listening to people suffer in pain I want to feel them. I so damn bored, I literally want anything. I want to feel everything,  people care for me and I get bored and leave them and hurt them. I have crushes on people,  I get bored and find a new one. 

I know its normal to get bored after a while and wanting to try new things, but I feel like I'm in the extreme, I get bored so fast. so fast even my friends commented on it. I feel like there is nothing for me. I just keep wanting new things, new people, new experiences, I don't know what to do anymore, some times I just want to scream my lungs out. I feel so alone, there isn't anything for me. I just want to plunge my hair out. I don't even want to kill myself, I just want to do things. and feel things, and have new experiences 

now I'm scared to make new friends, I'm scared to ask my parents for anything, I'm scared .

I'm scared I'm going to get bored and am going to be left with nothing again, I am scared my parents are going to feel disappointed in me for not sticking with one thing. they try their best to get me what I want, and me not even liking it after a while is just sad. I just want to cry. why cant I just like something like any normal person would, why cant I just stay with people, why do I have to get bored so easily?

• Like 1

Hey Jaylen,

Thank you for sharing this with us. From what you've said, it sounds like you're chasing high and euphoric feelings, and that you feel lost when you don't have that. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

20 hours ago, Jaylen said:

Yea, that's probably it. 

What do I do?

Hey,

I guess I'm wondering, where do you think that comes from? When you don't have the high, what kinds of thoughts and feelings do you have?

Nothing just blank, I just think this is so boring. I look around to find something interesting I guess?

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I guess I'm wondering, where do you think that comes from? When you don't have the high, what kinds of thoughts and feelings do you have?

What do you mean by , where does it come from?

Hey,

Have you always felt bored when you aren't on the high, or is it more of a recent thing? Also, by where it comes from, I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this feeling started at a certain point as the way we think and feel can often be traced back to a particular moment in our life. 

I think it started after, I left my friend group because of some stuff. 

I just can't connect with people anymore I guess?

2 hours ago, Jaylen said:

I think it started after, I left my friend group because of some stuff. 

I just can't connect with people anymore I guess?

Hey there,

Okay, thanks for sharing that. Do you think it might be linked to leaving your friendship group then and not being able to connect with people? Can you tell me more about what happened in the friendship group? 

I actually left it coz I liked one of my friends and I needed to move on. So I left them,ever since, I talk to so many people but I just can't connect with them .

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Okay, thanks for sharing that. Do you think it might be linked to leaving your friendship group then and not being able to connect with people? Can you tell me more about what happened in the friendship group? 

Yea I guess it is linked to that. Maybe I just can't find my type of people?

3 hours ago, jake said:

do you ever meditate? that helped me slow down at times

Oh no I have never tried to.

Maybe I should :)

22 hours ago, Jaylen said:

I actually left it coz I liked one of my friends and I needed to move on. So I left them,ever since, I talk to so many people but I just can't connect with them .

Yea I guess it is linked to that. Maybe I just can't find my type of people?

I think that sometimes, when we go through a hard time, we can then end up detaching from other people, do you know what that means? This can be a way of protecting ourselves from getting hurt and it might look like avoiding getting to know other people; we may not even be aware that we are doing it. What do you think about that? 

Hey,

Yeah, I can totally imagine how that would be sad and lonely. I'm wondering, do you want to start reconnecting with people in this way again?

5 hours ago, Jaylen said:

Yea I want to..

Good stuff then. I'm wondering, if someone you knew was going through the exact same thing, someone you really care about, what advice would you give them in order to take a small step towards reconnecting with people? 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, Jaylen said:

hey guys, I don't even know why I came here or what I'm planning on saying.

I just feel really overwhelmed now I guess, and I just need to vent. and if any of of you feel the same way I do, just reply.

okay so. I get bored so fast. its just so tiring and lonely. I meet new people, I find them entertaining, I hang with them, I like them, stay with them for a while, then I get bored, I want something new. I leave. find new people and repeat. even with things, I like things I get bored I want something new. one of my classmates have depression, seeing them suffer made me curious, I was so bored, I wanted to feel depression, (  please don't come at me, I know I'm stupid and have no idea what depression feels like, and no I don't take depression as a joke) I listen to sad songs I want to feel them, I listen to happy songs I want to feel them, listening to people suffer in pain I want to feel them. I so damn bored, I literally want anything. I want to feel everything,  people care for me and I get bored and leave them and hurt them. I have crushes on people,  I get bored and find a new one. 

I know its normal to get bored after a while and wanting to try new things, but I feel like I'm in the extreme, I get bored so fast. so fast even my friends commented on it. I feel like there is nothing for me. I just keep wanting new things, new people, new experiences, I don't know what to do anymore, some times I just want to scream my lungs out. I feel so alone, there isn't anything for me. I just want to plunge my hair out. I don't even want to kill myself, I just want to do things. and feel things, and have new experiences 

now I'm scared to make new friends, I'm scared to ask my parents for anything, I'm scared .

I'm scared I'm going to get bored and am going to be left with nothing again, I am scared my parents are going to feel disappointed in me for not sticking with one thing. they try their best to get me what I want, and me not even liking it after a while is just sad. I just want to cry. why cant I just like something like any normal person would, why cant I just stay with people, why do I have to get bored so easily?

Sometimes i also feel this, and relate to wanting to experience some type of emotion, anything, because everything is so dull. Crying has also been a hard thing to do, even went like 6 months without a single tear because nothing was pushing me to that point even though stuff isn't happy, so i try to listen to sad music or read sad books to at least feel it, and in some weird way, feeling that sadness, feels amazing. But i also just recently started liking someone strongly, and they do make me feel but i worry, worry that i'll just stop feeling stuff and would have to force it. So far all my emotions towards this person have been true and I also try my hardest to appreciate every single thing in life and that also helps i guess. But on other times when not talking with her, things do get boring and i barely have motivation to do anything, movies get boring, books get boring, the most i've been able to do is listen music and wait for her messages. But I think i know the reason to why i'm like this but that's another long story *sigh*

• Ditch the Label Staff
8 hours ago, shy_sometimes said:

Sometimes i also feel this, and relate to wanting to experience some type of emotion, anything, because everything is so dull. Crying has also been a hard thing to do, even went like 6 months without a single tear because nothing was pushing me to that point even though stuff isn't happy, so i try to listen to sad music or read sad books to at least feel it, and in some weird way, feeling that sadness, feels amazing. But i also just recently started liking someone strongly, and they do make me feel but i worry, worry that i'll just stop feeling stuff and would have to force it. So far all my emotions towards this person have been true and I also try my hardest to appreciate every single thing in life and that also helps i guess. But on other times when not talking with her, things do get boring and i barely have motivation to do anything, movies get boring, books get boring, the most i've been able to do is listen music and wait for her messages. But I think i know the reason to why i'm like this but that's another long story *sigh*

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It can be tough during a period of time when you seem to lose all motivation but it's important to allow yourself time to check out and recharge.

If you want to share the reasons - we're here for you.  

Staff-Account.png

On 4/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, shy_sometimes said:

I totally get what you're trying to say. I constantly worry too, thinking I'll lose interest on people . And how I can't ouch myself to feel emotions, movies won't make me cry, not songs nor stories, I'm just there :)

I hope it gets better for the both of us 🙂

9 hours ago, Jaylen said:

I totally get what you're trying to say. I constantly worry too, thinking I'll lose interest on people . And how I can't ouch myself to feel emotions, movies won't make me cry, not songs nor stories, I'm just there :)

I hope it gets better for the both of us 🙂

Yes I hope it gets better for the both of us but don't worry, I'm sure it will :D

• 1 month later...

I think you're the type of person that longs for emotions and strong bonds with other people, and when you don't get that you feel unsatisfied? I don't know you, but from the way that you're describing yourself I'd assume maybe so. I've done the same where I would purposely try to watch sad movies to cry and feel something, and yes it does feel good. It feels good to feel raw emotion, to maybe try and make purpose. However depression, when it kicks in for me it's a different type of sad that doesn't feel good at all. It feels like someone broke up with you or your mom died. 

But I would say i'm like you where I get bored fast, but not of people. I think we're both longing for a deep connection with someone. Tell me if i'm wrong tho. I'm going to try manifesting and I will let you know how it works out maybe to solve my problems. And also look up guided meditations on youtube, the ones that are an hour long. I usually do it at night in the dark when its quiet, and they help me recenter myself anytime i feel out of control, crazy, confused, or anxious. And the more you practice the better at it you will get. I hope maybe my posts helped even a little bit.