im genderfluid and its hard to tell people

user_error Β  Β 

im genderfluid, and its hard to tell people. i'd like to, because some days being misgendered hurts deep. i'm afraid to tell people and then them like, hate me. idk. anyone who's dealt with this (or not) advice is more than welcome. thanks lovely peopleΒ 

Are you out to anyone at all?

Maybe a close friend would help?

On 4/9/2022 at 6:41 AM, cruz? said:

im genderfluid, and its hard to tell people. i'd like to, because some days being misgendered hurts deep. i'm afraid to tell people and then them like, hate me. idk. anyone who's dealt with this (or not) advice is more than welcome. thanks lovely peopleΒ 

Hey @cruz?

I completely get the fear of telling people, because deep down, we all want to be accepted for who we are, and when people don't support that, it really hurts. However, I think it gets to that point where you start to prioritise your own happiness rather than that of others. By that, I mean that you just tell people anyway regardless of how they might feel so that you can live authentically. It's a completely normal response to be upset when people react badly, but it might be one that you have a bit of experience of a long this journey. What do you think?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey, one thing I did when I came out, is I told them that my gender changes, and I didn’t want to be misgendered, so either they could ask for my pronouns daily, rotate them randomly, Β or just use they/them pronouns if the rest were too hard. If you want to test the waters in people’s perspectives, just try using they/them pronouns on everyone you meet and see what people say about it.Β