This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

My mental health is getting worse :(

Emberfrost12    

30 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

For the next week or so, every time you have a negative thought or notice that you're being hard on yourself, can you write it down and then let me know what they are? 

Ok, sure

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emberfrost12

• Monsoon

• Blondie

• ACm

Great. I look forward to hearing back from you :)

Also, another way of doing it could be to write a comment every couple of days with the negative thoughts included. Speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

33 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Great. I look forward to hearing back from you :)

Also, another way of doing it could be to write a comment every couple of days with the negative thoughts included. Speak soon. 

I’ll probably do that. Otherwise it could be really long

These are from yesterday.

“Hey, you’re useless. I don’t know why you’re still trying. You’re just going to bring everyone down, if you haven’t already. Why are you still trying. You know people don’t like you”

“You know what? Why do you even try to make and keep friends? You know they’ll all leave you in the end”

“They didn’t bully you. They were just being realistic”

“You’re too weak. Just give up and let other people do this for you”

“Why do you care so much about making friends? You have enough already. Just hang out with them and maybe their abilities will rub off on you”

“This shouldn’t effect you. It doesn’t effect anyone else!”

On 4/6/2022 at 3:23 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

These are from yesterday.

“Hey, you’re useless. I don’t know why you’re still trying. You’re just going to bring everyone down, if you haven’t already. Why are you still trying. You know people don’t like you”

“You know what? Why do you even try to make and keep friends? You know they’ll all leave you in the end”

“They didn’t bully you. They were just being realistic”

“You’re too weak. Just give up and let other people do this for you”

“Why do you care so much about making friends? You have enough already. Just hang out with them and maybe their abilities will rub off on you”

“This shouldn’t effect you. It doesn’t effect anyone else!”

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing these; I can really see how hard you're being on yourself. I'm wondering, if you said the first two out loud to someone who cares about you, what do you think they would say back?

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing these; I can really see how hard you're being on yourself. I'm wondering, if you said the first two out loud to someone who cares about you, what do you think they would say back?

They'd probably argue with that a ton, but I wouldn't really know if it was true. I mean, how do I know if someone's being honest?

Here are yesterday's and today's negative thoughts (sorry for the length on this one)

“Great, now that she’s back, __ will forget about you just like everyone else”

“They don’t care. They don’t even notice you. You think it’s an accident they’re having a conversation that leaves you out?”

“Just stop this. Stop all of this. You are not okay. Everything you do is not okay. “

“You’re going to fail. You can’t do this. Just give up, there’s no need to keep fighting”

“You didn’t succeed. The people around you did and you’ve just been drawn in on accident”

“You couldn’t do something like that. You’re just useless and incapable”

“No one cares about your perspective. Just keep it to yourself”

“It’s not that you don’t like your friends. Its that they don’t like you”

“You’re going to fail. Don’t even try. You’re going to fail.”

“You’re worthless. Just give up already”

“You’ll never be as good as them”

“It’s all your fault. All of it. Don’t even doubt”

“You’re going to be the downfall of this class”

“No…no one loved you”

“You’re just going to relapse. Don’t fight it”

“You don’t have a sense of humor. You care too much”

“You failed. That was horrible”

“You’re never going to make the team”

“Yeah, you’re useless”

“You’re not going to make the team”

"Why are you here? You’re useless. You’ll just bring everyone down. You’ll be the downfall of everyone here"

“It’s all your fault. Don’t pretend it isn’t”

“You’re going to fail. There’s no way around it.”

“Stop fighting. You’re going to give in eventually. Why not now? Why still fight?”

“Nobody likes you. Just give in to the fact.”

“You were useless. You know what they’re going to say behind your back”

“You’re such a failure”

“You failed at this”

“This is not your success. This is you getting in on other people’s successes”

“Nope, you didn’t get better at all. That comment was for everyone but you”

12 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

They'd probably argue with that a ton, but I wouldn't really know if it was true. I mean, how do I know if someone's being honest?

Hey there,

Okay, so what things might they say to argue with the first two? 

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Okay, so what things might they say to argue with the first two? 

They’d probably tell me that I’m not  bringing them down and that I am really smart and skilled, that I’m am awesome friend, and that I’m a really good friend and they’ll be friends with me no matter what

Hey,

They would be really nice and positive responses, wouldn't they? I'm wondering, for the next week, when you have a negative thought, can you reply to them in your own head with a positive comment, such as what a friend would say to argue against the negative? 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

They would be really nice and positive responses, wouldn't they? I'm wondering, for the next week, when you have a negative thought, can you reply to them in your own head with a positive comment, such as what a friend would say to argue against the negative? 

Sure, I’ll try that. Thanks

Great. Will you let us know how you get on? It will be good to have a chat about how it's gone as this is a good time to start making the changes you might want to see. 

On 4/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, Monsoon said:

Great. Will you let us know how you get on? It will be good to have a chat about how it's gone as this is a good time to start making the changes you might want to see. 

Okay. It’s going pretty well so far

17 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Okay. It’s going pretty well so far

That's good to hear. When you change the thought to a more positive one, how does it feel? 

I guess it kinda makes it feel like it’s bouncing off me, instead of weighing me down for the rest of the day

Um, I'm not exactly sure

Hey,

That's okay. So, the reason I asked was to show you the power of your own mind in overcoming this kind of negative self-talk; we have so many tools that we can use to help get through issues like this, and you're already on your way. What do you think? 

That makes sense to me. The thing is, why does this happen in the first place? I mean, it just comes out of nowhere. 

6 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

That makes sense to me. The thing is, why does this happen in the first place? I mean, it just comes out of nowhere. 

Hey there,

I think it might be because you have a low opinion of yourself; when we talk to ourselves negatively, it spirals over time and gets worse, and this usually happens before it gets better. What do you think? 

11 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I think it might be because you have a low opinion of yourself; when we talk to ourselves negatively, it spirals over time and gets worse, and this usually happens before it gets better. What do you think? 

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you :)

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you :)

Hey,

How has it been going with changing the negative thoughts into positive ones? I always say to people in this kind of situation that you should treat yourself the way you'd treat a friend; we wouldn't say these mean things to a friend, so why should we say them to ourselves? 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

How has it been going with changing the negative thoughts into positive ones? I always say to people in this kind of situation that you should treat yourself the way you'd treat a friend; we wouldn't say these mean things to a friend, so why should we say them to ourselves? 

It’s been helping a lot. Some negative thoughts are hard to fight still, but it’s a lot better than before. I also realized that there’s a reason why i spend so much time around people and hate being on my own. I mean, I’m guessing it’s to make me not able to think negatively. Does that sound like it makes sense?

18 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

It’s been helping a lot. Some negative thoughts are hard to fight still, but it’s a lot better than before. I also realized that there’s a reason why i spend so much time around people and hate being on my own. I mean, I’m guessing it’s to make me not able to think negatively. Does that sound like it makes sense?

Hey,

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I'm wondering, when you are on your own, how does that feel for you? 

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I'm wondering, when you are on your own, how does that feel for you? 

My negative thoughts just kind of spiral out, and make me look at everything they think is going wrong, everything that is going wrong, everything that might, and everything I’m doing wrong