Anything goes: What are you passionate about?

ConfusedandFruity? Β  Β 

On 9/15/2022 at 4:17 AM, Leilaaaa said:

That everyone in this world gets treated equally, as everyone's human we all have a right to be treated with respect and without being mistreated for our race, gender or spiritual views! ❀ 

YESS!! EQUALITY ALL AROUNDΒ 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:47 PM, ConfusedandFruity? said:

OMG YESS IVE JUST STARTED STRANGER THINGS AND I LOOOVE ITΒ 

YAY!! feel free to to talk ab it i'd absolutely love to hear what youthink :D

That people know how to treat others with respect they deserve. I see so much hate and negative emotional hate towards people who do nothing wrong. Especially on social media. If you're not happy with something you see then there is no need to post or comment horrible stuff about someone, that's bullying and not nice. Just scroll. Really easy. I love the new way to report bullying that @Harperand the team have set up, I hope whoever is being emptionally abused online or in real life can get help, keep strong.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really like telling stories, experiencing other's stories, pets, talking with friends, MTG and other nerd games, video games, candies, emotions, and music. Right now I'm writing a book, tend to play minecraft and prodigy, reading the book Excerpts from an unknown guide book, watching Doctor Who (2007 the sound of drums) along with the Umbrella Academy, and listening to Derivakat and P-Funk on loop lately.

• 1 month later...

I'm passionate about a few things, but I've been (unsurprisingly) fascinated by all the different aspects of the LGBTQ+ community for a long time, including the ambiguity of gender, the fluid nature of sexual/romantic attraction, and different issues we face outside and within the community. I gained this passion from trying to discover myself, and in turn, learning more about the community. This also applies to other minority communities, but I resonate most with the LGBTQ+ community since I've been a part of it for so long now. I've discovered so much of myself because of it, and in turn, a lot of unwarranted hate from LGBTQ+ people towards some of our own groups in the community. That discovery was pretty much the turning point for when my inquiry turned into a passion. Because the LGBTQ+ community is so large, broad, and at times confusing, many people may not understand what they don't experience themselves, so information about the greater spectrum may be limited to what they are familiar with (I am guilty of this as well). This means nuisances and conflicting ideas aren't discussed very often. Niche terms are often forgotten about, misunderstood, or invalidated, (even more common groups such as the asexual/aromantic spectrum face this issue within the community, which is especially present in the debate for what the "A" in LGBTQIA+ stands for). Stereotypes are what really bother me though. As a "baby gay" it was hard not to feel invalidated by all the stereotypes that surrounded the community. For me, this especially applied to the bisexual and nonbinary community, which is one of the reasons for why I identify with omnisexual and gender non-conforming. The amount of stereotypes and unrealistic expectations I see and hear from others in the community I believe surpasses the stereotypes we get from homophobes considering we know more about the existence of different aspects of the community, which at times, can make the stereotypes more harmful. (However, there are a lot of LGBTQ+ people who can be considered homophobic as well, being LGBTQ+ doesn't exempt a person from being homophobic). Some of these stereotypes are harmless, such as asexual people loving cake and garlic bread, because honestly, there's no harm in it. Even if you don't like cake and garlic bread, you can still get the idea behind it. However, the difference is that these aren't expectations. Harmful stereotypes on the other hand, are, or can be seen as such. This doesn't just apply to things like biphobia or transphobia either, although they are a large part of it. Harmful stereotypes can apply to the unrealistic expectations placed on nonbinary people to look as androgenous as possible or else they're not considered valid. Especially considering a lot of the androgenous looks spread around online are from white, skinny people, which puts further harm onto other communities. This also applies to the pressures on trans people to look as "passing" or aligned with their gender identity as possible to be considered valid. Neither of these stereotypes are true, you don't and should never HAVE TO fit into a box to be considered trans or nonbinary, especially since they are considered such broad terms now. People may fit into these boxes, however, it shouldn't be made as the "standard" or "requirement", which gets into gatekeeping territory, which is controversial enough on its own. Harmful stereotypes also apply to gay/lesbian/bi people to fit into a box for what their term means (bi = attraction to ONLY male and female) as well as stereotyped looks aligned with labels within each community (masculine woman = lesbian = butch). A lot of people do find comfort in these stereotypes/terms, however for others, (myself included), they can be very restricting and harmful. I encountered a situation like this at my school's LGBTQ+ club. We were playing 2 truths and 1 lie. There were a few people, myself included, who wrote we were good at math as one of our truths. Every time someone went up and mentioned they were good at math, one of the officers insisted that that was the lie because she, "refused to believe gay people were good at math," even after they revealed that it wasn't the lie. It's safe to say I didn't like the club very much, as well as a few other reasons. It may sound stupid, but the insistence of this one stereotype being absolute for all, or certain groups of people, is a major problem in the LGBTQ+ community. Especially for a community that promotes acceptance and self-expression. There's also the "exceptions" people have for certain LGBTQ+ groups they deem "too far" such as people who believe in LGB instead of LGBT. However, I believe certain exceptions are valid, such as the exclusion of MAPs, given the harmful stereotype that queer people and MAPs are one in the same. There's also conflicts about polyamory, since people's definitions of polyamory can vary greatly and may be used as an excuse for behavior that does not accurately represent the polyamory community, such as cheating but calling it "polyamory" as an excuse to cheat without consequence regardless of how their partner feels about it, especially if it is something that comes up suddenly and was never discussed at the beginning of the relationship, which is sadly common due to the misinterpretation of polyamory, which was similar to the issue of bisexuality being associated with cheating not long ago, (sometimes it still is). Obviously there's the biphobia and having to "pick a side" with bi men being treated different than bi woman (both often assumed to be attracted to men, giving into the misogyny that is also present in the LGBTQ+ community). Not to mention what queer POC have to face given the amount of racism present in the LGBTQ+ community along with homophobia from other POC, (I will not speak much on this since I myself am white, but I acknowledge that this is an ongoing issue). Also the transphobia where transwoman and transmen are treated like their sex or AGAB rather than their actual gender or are treated as different just because they're trans (sex and gender are two different things, another common mistake). There's also the commonly overlooked intersex community. Seriously, the mere existence of intersex people makes perfect sense and debunks the argument about there being "only two sexes". Not to mention how present homosexual and trans animals are in nature as well as in history. It's a shame because a lot of these issues parallel with what we have to deal with from homophobes, which can come off as hypocritical, (even homophobic logic can be hypocritical). There is so so much more I can cover but then I would be here typing forever, as much as I would love to cover them. Moral of the story: people are complex, and so is our community. It should be seen as beautifully ambiguous rather than something to be feared or restricted just because we're not informed enough about it's complexities and nuances. Our community is not something we can restrict to become "tangible" because that goes against who we are as human beings. We define what our labels mean to us, there's no one size fits all. Even if it seems crazy to us, if we take the time to understand it, we may be able to see it in a different way that isn't so crazy after all. That is acceptance.

anyways sorry for the really long tangent, I definitely did not spend about an hour or more writing this...but if you made it through, thanks for reading! Time to regain our sanities :,]

Edited by LunarGhost

I love books more than anything, so many possibilities!

I used to talk about every aspect of every book to my friends but now when i do that im scared that they hate me when they most likely don't

I just love going on and on about a good plot or character or any small detail especially when i get obsessed like with rangers apprentice or hunger games

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, LunarGhost said:

I'm passionate about a few things, but I've been (unsurprisingly) fascinated by all the different aspects of the LGBTQ+ community for a long time, including the ambiguity of gender, the fluid nature of sexual/romantic attraction, and different issues we face outside and within the community. I gained this passion from trying to discover myself, and in turn, learning more about the community. This also applies to other minority communities, but I resonate most with the LGBTQ+ community since I've been a part of it for so long now. I've discovered so much of myself because of it, and in turn, a lot of unwarranted hate from LGBTQ+ people towards some of our own groups in the community. That discovery was pretty much the turning point for when my inquiry turned into a passion. Because the LGBTQ+ community is so large, broad, and at times confusing, many people may not understand what they don't experience themselves, so information about the greater spectrum may be limited to what they are familiar with (I am guilty of this as well). This means nuisances and conflicting ideas aren't discussed very often. Niche terms are often forgotten about, misunderstood, or invalidated, (even more common groups such as the asexual/aromantic spectrum face this issue within the community, which is especially present in the debate for what the "A" in LGBTQIA+ stands for). Stereotypes are what really bother me though. As a "baby gay" it was hard not to feel invalidated by all the stereotypes that surrounded the community. For me, this especially applied to the bisexual and nonbinary community, which is one of the reasons for why I identify with omnisexual and gender non-conforming. The amount of stereotypes and unrealistic expectations I see and hear from others in the community I believe surpasses the stereotypes we get from homophobes considering we know more about the existence of different aspects of the community, which at times, can make the stereotypes more harmful. (However, there are a lot of LGBTQ+ people who can be considered homophobic as well, being LGBTQ+ doesn't exempt a person from being homophobic). Some of these stereotypes are harmless, such as asexual people loving cake and garlic bread, because honestly, there's no harm in it. Even if you don't like cake and garlic bread, you can still get the idea behind it. However, the difference is that these aren't expectations. Harmful stereotypes on the other hand, are, or can be seen as such. This doesn't just apply to things like biphobia or transphobia either, although they are a large part of it. Harmful stereotypes can apply to the unrealistic expectations placed on nonbinary people to look as androgenous as possible or else they're not considered valid. Especially considering a lot of the androgenous looks spread around online are from white, skinny people, which puts further harm onto other communities. This also applies to the pressures on trans people to look as "passing" or aligned with their gender identity as possible to be considered valid. Neither of these stereotypes are true, you don't and should never HAVE TO fit into a box to be considered trans or nonbinary, especially since they are considered such broad terms now. People may fit into these boxes, however, it shouldn't be made as the "standard" or "requirement", which gets into gatekeeping territory, which is controversial enough on its own. Harmful stereotypes also apply to gay/lesbian/bi people to fit into a box for what their term means (bi = attraction to ONLY male and female) as well as stereotyped looks aligned with labels within each community (masculine woman = lesbian = butch). A lot of people do find comfort in these stereotypes/terms, however for others, (myself included), they can be very restricting and harmful. I encountered a situation like this at my school's LGBTQ+ club. We were playing 2 truths and 1 lie. There were a few people, myself included, who wrote we were good at math as one of our truths. Every time someone went up and mentioned they were good at math, one of the officers insisted that that was the lie because she, "refused to believe gay people were good at math," even after they revealed that it wasn't the lie. It's safe to say I didn't like the club very much, as well as a few other reasons. It may sound stupid, but the insistence of this one stereotype being absolute for all, or certain groups of people, is a major problem in the LGBTQ+ community. Especially for a community that promotes acceptance and self-expression. There's also the "exceptions" people have for certain LGBTQ+ groups they deem "too far" such as people who believe in LGB instead of LGBT. However, I believe certain exceptions are valid, such as the exclusion of MAPs, given the harmful stereotype that queer people and MAPs are one in the same. There's also conflicts about polyamory, since people's definitions of polyamory can vary greatly and may be used as an excuse for behavior that does not accurately represent the polyamory community, such as cheating but calling it "polyamory" as an excuse to cheat without consequence regardless of how their partner feels about it, especially if it is something that comes up suddenly and was never discussed at the beginning of the relationship, which is sadly common due to the misinterpretation of polyamory, which was similar to the issue of bisexuality being associated with cheating not long ago, (sometimes it still is). Obviously there's the biphobia and having to "pick a side" with bi men being treated different than bi woman (both often assumed to be attracted to men, giving into the misogyny that is also present in the LGBTQ+ community). Not to mention what queer POC have to face given the amount of racism present in the LGBTQ+ community along with homophobia from other POC, (I will not speak much on this since I myself am white, but I acknowledge that this is an ongoing issue). Also the transphobia where transwoman and transmen are treated like their sex or AGAB rather than their actual gender or are treated as different just because they're trans (sex and gender are two different things, another common mistake). There's also the commonly overlooked intersex community. Seriously, the mere existence of intersex people makes perfect sense and debunks the argument about there being "only two sexes". Not to mention how present homosexual and trans animals are in nature as well as in history. It's a shame because a lot of these issues parallel with what we have to deal with from homophobes, which can come off as hypocritical, (even homophobic logic can be hypocritical). There is so so much more I can cover but then I would be here typing forever, as much as I would love to cover them. Moral of the story: people are complex, and so is our community. It should be seen as beautifully ambiguous rather than something to be feared or restricted just because we're not informed enough about it's complexities and nuances. Our community is not something we can restrict to become "tangible" because that goes against who we are as human beings. We define what our labels mean to us, there's no one size fits all. Even if it seems crazy to us, if we take the time to understand it, we may be able to see it in a different way that isn't so crazy after all. That is acceptance.

anyways sorry for the really long tangent, I definitely did not spend about an hour or more writing this...but if you made it through, thanks for reading! Time to regain our sanities :,]

I love this so much, and don't apologize for it being long. I totally understand, this is one of my interests/passions and shows up in my writing (I also really love writing and becoming an author is my dream). The thing about animals is something I didn't think anyone but me would bring up in conversation! There are so many animals that would fall under the LGBTQIA+ umbrella if they were human, and I'm sure that's something that really stuns homophobes and transphobes (or they choose not to even process it). I could talk about this forever, just like you, but I'll just let others read your post and not worry about it for now. Of course I'll be talking about it in other places, though.

Thanks for taking the time to write this! Bye :)

Btw I was literally ranting about LGBTQIA+ issues and "my theory" to my friend (straight cis female friend) the other day and brought up the thing about animals and how straights will act super uncomfortable when you talk about homophobia or mistreatment, but then go on to ask minorly homophobic questions or emphasize that they're straight for some reason. I'm still adding on to what I was saying as well, even though I spent at least an hour texting her about it originally.

• Like 1

I'm passionate about music, animals, sports, & making cosplay props outta cardboard or things lying around the house

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm passionate about all types of food. There is just so many different options to choose from and it also is always a very important part of a culture (which I am also very passionate about, my dream is to travel the world and experience as many things as possible in my lifetime :D), plus I just really love eating even though I can be quite the picky eater at times lolΒ 

Edited by Bubbletea
  • Like 1

Animation and TV are defo my biggest passions!

i also love art and drawing whenever possible

• 3 weeks later...

im passionate about plants, books, baked goods, hot pink, glittery stuff, good lashes, and the bliss of lying in bed with a cold pillow and a warm blanket

• 2 months later...

I disagree with the oceans being dirty being something we can easily fix by doing a small thing bc it’s large corporations that are doing most of the damage. I’m passionate about anticapitalism and about the various alternatives to it (communism, mainly marxism-leninism and ancom rn). I’m a big dreamer and an idealist and yes people say that it’s impossible for the world to change but it’s changed before and it can change again, and only change can make a better world with true equality, no exploitation, bettering of climate change, progress that helps everyone not just the very wealthy, free and accessible healthcare, and no homelessness or people struggling while at the same time others are the top 1%. I want to believe deep down that a better world is possible, and a lot of people think as soon as I say the words anarchism or anti-capitalist that I’m doing it to be edgy or a joke but it’s not for me, it’s really a heartfelt belief out of a wanting to help people and wanting justice and equality for every single person. I saw a quote the other day β€œlove the oppressed more than you hate the oppressor” and I love it a lot. I like to build not around hate but around wanting to help, about love for those of us who are oppressed under the current system, and so I admire those who do mutual aid, who bring joy and hope and real help to the people of the community. Mutual aid is exactly what it sounds like- it’s helping out the community. My favorite part about it and what sets it apart from charity is that there are no requirements and that it’s organized by everyday members of the community. It’s people helping people just because. Charity on the other hand often picks and chooses who to help out, leaving many behind. It also places people in a hierarchy- the charity is on top and is helping people below, whereas mutual aid has no hierarchy and is just people helping people. One day I hope to be more involved in my community like that.Β 
Workers of the world unite!Β