Am I Bi / Pan or just overthinking? Does anyone have any advice?

-Penny    

Hi, I am 13 and am still unsure about my sexuality. Ever since last year I have started thinking about my sexuality more. I have many friends who are LGBTQIA+, and I have started to think about how I would feel if I did like girls? (I am a girl myself.) I have started to think that I wouldn’t mind dating or being with a girl, but am still unsure if that is just me being friendly? Sorry for the long message, but can anyone give me some advice? Thanks so much <3 

Edited by Piper Swift

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey Piper! Welcome to the community, hope you’re well.

I am Daisie a community warden here on the forums, I read you are reaching out for some advice, so I have tagged our trained mentors in so they can reach out to you. @Monsoon & @Blondie.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Piper Swift said:

Hi, I am 13 and am still unsure about my sexuality. Ever since last year I have started thinking about my sexuality more. I have many friends who are LGBTQIA+, and I have started to think about how I would feel if I did like girls? (I am a girl myself.) I have started to think that I wouldn’t mind dating or being with a girl, but am still unsure if that is just me being friendly? Sorry for the long message, but can anyone give me some advice? Thanks so much <3 

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing :) 

I think these thoughts are more than just being friendly, and it sounds like your mind is giving you messages telling you to explore your sexuality. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 3/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing :) 

I think these thoughts are more than just being friendly, and it sounds like your mind is giving you messages telling you to explore your sexuality. What do you think? 

Hello @Monsoon

Many of my friends have suggested that I am bi-curious, but I haven’t asked my parents about it yet. I’m just unsure if my feelings are real or if it is just me fantasising some romantic story for myself. Honestly I’m just so confused about my identity right now and have been trying not to think too much about it.

(Btw thanks for replying on my other post, I know that they are about the same thing but I’m just really unsure right now)

18 hours ago, Piper Swift said:

Hello @Monsoon

Many of my friends have suggested that I am bi-curious, but I haven’t asked my parents about it yet. I’m just unsure if my feelings are real or if it is just me fantasising some romantic story for myself. Honestly I’m just so confused about my identity right now and have been trying not to think too much about it.

(Btw thanks for replying on my other post, I know that they are about the same thing but I’m just really unsure right now)

Hey,

I'll just continue to reply here to make it easier to keep track of :)

How do you think it will go when you ask your parents about it?  Also, just remember, you won't always feel like this, and with time, it will become clearer; I guess you just have to be patient and trust the process really, because it really will work out in the end. 

52 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'll just continue to reply here to make it easier to keep track of :)

How do you think it will go when you ask your parents about it?  Also, just remember, you won't always feel like this, and with time, it will become clearer; I guess you just have to be patient and trust the process really, because it really will work out in the end. 

Hi, 

I think I’ll wait until my feelings are a bit clearer before asking my parents about it, but I am pretty sure that they would be okay with it. I think you’re right though, I guess I’m just going to have to wait and see…but I feel much more secure now :)

On 3/21/2022 at 5:40 PM, Piper Swift said:

Hi, 

I think I’ll wait until my feelings are a bit clearer before asking my parents about it, but I am pretty sure that they would be okay with it. I think you’re right though, I guess I’m just going to have to wait and see…but I feel much more secure now :)

Hey,

I'm glad you're feeling much more secure now. Would you like more support with this or anything else? Just let me know :)