Jump to content

cereal0
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi… I’m cereal.. and I’ve been having problems with a bad habit I have, that nobody knows about. I cut myself.. and I just can’t stop. I have cuts all over my arms and legs, and I jus t want to know how to love my body and stop this habit. So please.. help me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 3/13/2022 at 2:07 AM, cereal0 said:

Hi… I’m cereal.. and I’ve been having problems with a bad habit I have, that nobody knows about. I cut myself.. and I just can’t stop. I have cuts all over my arms and legs, and I jus t want to know how to love my body and stop this habit. So please.. help me.

Hey @cereal0

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

I'm really glad you've opened up to us here and this shows me how much courage you have; it's not easy to talk about this kind of thing. I think that in order to stop self-harming, it's important to understand why you do it, so I'm wondering, why do you think you do it? What would you say the positives and negatives to it are? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 4:54 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @cereal0

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

I'm really glad you've opened up to us here and this shows me how much courage you have; it's not easy to talk about this kind of thing. I think that in order to stop self-harming, it's important to understand why you do it, so I'm wondering, why do you think you do it? What would you say the positives and negatives to it are? 

 

On 3/14/2022 at 4:54 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @cereal0

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

I'm really glad you've opened up to us here and this shows me how much courage you have; it's not easy to talk about this kind of thing. I think that in order to stop self-harming, it's important to understand why you do it, so I'm wondering, why do you think you do it? What would you say the positives and negatives to it are? 

Hey.. I think I do this because I think my body and appearance isn’t good enough for others- I don’t like my appearance yet people tell me I’m fine, I just can’t believe them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm wondering, when you do feel self-harm, how does it feel afterwards? Do you feel better?

Yeah- it just makes me feel good to hurt myself, but I know it’s not okay to do… some days I think about doing worse, like.. suicide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
8 hours ago, cereal0 said:

Yeah- it just makes me feel good to hurt myself, but I know it’s not okay to do… some days I think about doing worse, like.. suicide.

Thank you for telling me that. I'm wondering, are you feeling suicidal at the moment? If so, have you made a plan to take your own life? I just want to make sure you're safe, and if you are feeling like this right now, remember, there is always help out there, and we are here for you. Just incase you need it here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

  • UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

Take care and speak soon. 

 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...