New kid

Zippy ย  ย 

On 2/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey. Yeah, I totally get why you would feel that way, and your feelings are completely valid. Have you met anyone who doesn't make you feel that way yet? What have you enjoyed about your new school so far?

I have made one sort of friend whoโ€™s really nice. I think Iโ€™m going to move to a different school now where I have a close friend at. As Iโ€™m really struggling at break times and have been sent home because of panic attacks which is really embarrassing. ย I have enjoyed one of my classes and that teacher was nice which was good.ย 

4 hours ago, Zippy said:

I have made one sort of friend whoโ€™s really nice. I think Iโ€™m going to move to a different school now where I have a close friend at. As Iโ€™m really struggling at break times and have been sent home because of panic attacks which is really embarrassing. ย I have enjoyed one of my classes and that teacher was nice which was good.ย 

Hey. I'm glad to hear that you've made one friend. How is it going with them? Also, I'm wondering, what is it about the break times? Are they what is causing the panic attacks?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey. I'm glad to hear that you've made one friend. How is it going with them? Also, I'm wondering, what is it about the break times? Are they what is causing the panic attacks?

I already responded but it hasnโ€™t shown up so sorry if you get two.ย 
they are really nice and are trying to include me in their group but I really donโ€™t fit in there very well, sheโ€™s said the same thing and that sheโ€™s really trying to make me comfortable but not really working. Break times are just stressful because I never know what Iโ€™m going to do of where Iโ€™m going to go. Like sometimes I sit with that group other times I canโ€™t find them and they wonโ€™t answer me so itโ€™s so unpredictable and annoying. Iโ€™m not sure about the cause of the panic attacks because the three Iโ€™ve had this week have all been different things, the one I got sent home for yesterday was at the end of lunch when I was walking to class, I think it was just the thought of going back into a class I donโ€™t understand with no one I know in it? Like they teach different things here that I never learnt in New Zealand and the teacher is saying they are revising what they shouldโ€™ve learnt at like 12? The teachers keep saying donโ€™t get overwhelmed but they also wonโ€™t help me and just leave me sitting there looking dumb so of course Iโ€™m going to get overwhelmed I have so much work and have no idea what any of it means? I donโ€™t know, itโ€™s so much harder than I ever thought it would be.ย 

Hey,

Ah, okay, so when you're with the group, it doesn't feel like a good match. I'm wondering, how does it feel between you and her when it's just you two? Also, with the panic attacks, I think it makes complete sense what you're saying about the classes in that you don't understand them and also not knowing anyone; it does sound pretty stressful and tricky to cope with. I think that it's normal to feel overwhelmed, but it sounds like the school could definitely do more to help you. Have you spoken to your parents or anyone at school about this? I know it's really hard for you now, but it does get better, it just takes a while. Are you in tomorrow?

12 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, okay, so when you're with the group, it doesn't feel like a good match. I'm wondering, how does it feel between you and her when it's just you two? Also, with the panic attacks, I think it makes complete sense what you're saying about the classes in that you don't understand them and also not knowing anyone; it does sound pretty stressful and tricky to cope with. I think that it's normal to feel overwhelmed, but it sounds like the school could definitely do more to help you. Have you spoken to your parents or anyone at school about this? I know it's really hard for you now, but it does get better, it just takes a while. Are you in tomorrow?

When itโ€™s just us two itโ€™s fine like we sit together in the one class we are in together. I have school in an hour and Iโ€™m worried. I havenโ€™t told anyone how Iโ€™m feeling because I wouldnโ€™t know who to go to. My parents are not mental health believers and I wouldnโ€™t even know where to start at school. I have two classes today, one I sit alone in one I have that friend but Iโ€™m terrified. One of my teachers did say I could talk to her but honestly I donโ€™t feel super comfortable around her and donโ€™t even know when I would do it or how to even start that conversation.

Hey. How was your school day today? I think schools are pretty good in supporting mental health these days, so I think they will be good at guiding that conversation you want to have. I'm wondering, even though you don't feel super comfortable around that teacher, do you think it could be good to still chat with her? If you like, I can also give you advice on how to start the chat. Let me know.ย 

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey. How was your school day today? I think schools are pretty good in supporting mental health these days, so I think they will be good at guiding that conversation you want to have. I'm wondering, even though you don't feel super comfortable around that teacher, do you think it could be good to still chat with her? If you like, I can also give you advice on how to start the chat. Let me know.ย 

I didnโ€™t end up at school being I injured myself on the way to the bus. Yea I guess it might be a good idea, and better than I not having anyone.ย 

18 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Oh, what happened? Are you alright?

Yea Iโ€™m fine, I just donโ€™t have foot paths outside my house so was walking on the road when a truck came past and I dodged and fell over and hurt my ankle, itโ€™s better not just swollen.ย