How do I come out?

TheOriginalAxel Β  Β 

Hey guys, I was wondering if you would be able to give me advice on how to come out to my 6 siblings, my mum, my stepdad, my 5 uncles, my aunt, my aunt in law, my dad, my grandad, my nan and my stepdad that I am gay.

• Like 1

Hey there,

I’m wondering, do you feel ready to come out? Remember, if you don’t, then that’s okay! This is your journey and you get to decide the pace at which you go :). I just like to check this before I give advice. Speak soon.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

21 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I’m wondering, do you feel ready to come out? Remember, if you don’t, then that’s okay! This is your journey and you get to decide the pace at which you go :). I just like to check this before I give advice. Speak soon.Β 

I feel ready because I just want it out there because the longer I wait, the harder I think it will be.

• Like 1

Hey there,

That's good to hear. I'm wondering then, who do you think you'll tell first? It might be good to have an order in your head and go from there. Speak soon.Β 

I think I will tell my nan, my stepgrandad and my uncle who still lives here at home. The way I am planning on doing it is by telling them about the LGBTQ+ and Allies lunchtime club that we have at school and just wear the gay pinbadge that I got last week, and say something like 'I am wearing this badge because it represents who I am (maybe a few words of choice that I shant say here).'

3 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

I think I will tell my nan, my stepgrandad and my uncle who still lives here at home. The way I am planning on doing it is by telling them about the LGBTQ+ and Allies lunchtime club that we have at school and just wear the gay pinbadge that I got last week, and say something like 'I am wearing this badge because it represents who I am (maybe a few words of choice that I shant say here).'

Hey there,

It sounds like you have a really good plan already :)

How do you think they'll react?Β 

4 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It sounds like you have a really good plan already :)

How do you think they'll react?Β 

I am not sure but 🀞they don't kick off, otherwise I will kick off (and ADHD mixed with Anger is NOT a good combination because things get damaged)

11 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

I am not sure but 🀞they don't kick off, otherwise I will kick off (and ADHD mixed with Anger is NOT a good combination because things get damaged)

Do you have a sense of how they feel about the lGBTQ+ community so far?Β 

19 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Do you have a sense of how they feel about the lGBTQ+ community so far?Β 

Nope.

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Have they ever made any passing comments about them, such as characters on TV shows or in films perhaps?

No, they have never done that.

15 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

No, they have never done that.

Hey there,

I guess that's a good sign then, because if they had said something negative, then that would reflect a negative opinion towards the community, so no news is good news. What do you think?Β 

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I guess that's a good sign then, because if they had said something negative, then that would reflect a negative opinion towards the community, so no news is good news. What do you think?Β 

I am honestly not too sure.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:56 PM, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

I am honestly not too sure.

That's okay. Have you thought any more about what you're going to do and when you might do it?Β 

Just now, Monsoon said:

That's okay. Have you thought any more about what you're going to do and when you might do it?Β 

Well, I will be doing it on my birthday and if my nan kicks off, I will make sure that I have a suitcase packed and I will walk out off the house with it.

4 hours ago, TheOriginalAxel said:

Well, I will be doing it on my birthday and if my nan kicks off, I will make sure that I have a suitcase packed and I will walk out off the house with it.

Hey there. Where do you think you'd go if that happens?

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there. Where do you think you'd go if that happens?

Probably America if I am able to buy the plane tickets and get my passport sorted out soon.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:24 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey. Do you have other family members you could go and stay with?Β 

No.

5 hours ago, TheOriginalAxel said:

No.

Hey there,

How are you feeling about coming out at the moment? I remember you saying you wanted to do it on your birthday.Β