What to do about cyberbullying gone viral?

blueskyj

Hi, I am new to the community. Came over for I am truly on the Edge. I am being cyberbullied for over 2 years. The bully apparently is a Facebook and instagram influencer with over 30million followers on her Facebook page and 670K followers on instagram. She is using her business pages to apply the cyberbullying and because of the huge amount of followers, her subtle false claims have gone viral. It's all over social média at the moment. I would truly appreciate If the community here can help me with strategies n how to deal with this situation.It's ruining my Life in every área. Much appreaciated.

Hey Bluesky,

Welcome to Community.

Really sorry to hear whats going on.

Have you had a chance to look at our Cyberbullying Hub, it has some really helpful blogs and resources on how to report it across different platforms and keep yourself safe;

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/cyberbullying/

If you haven't definitely take a look and see what you think. You are 100% doing the right thing reaching out for support and you are not alone. The main thing I wanted to ask was have you told those closest to you what has been going on? It is so important people you love and who love you know.

Also be helpful to know what you have tried so far to deal with it.

Sending you so much support and positivity

-Peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi Thank you for your response and support. Before joining the site, I did read the community articles. Still doing.

I did report the situation family and some friends. But as the cyberbullying happens to be subtle they told me they don't truly grasp it, although when I ser family & and accquantainces messages on whatsapp my intuition tells me they ar refering to this case (through emojis and subtle comments) . I Will surely keep on Reading the articles to gain further insights on how to deal with this nightmare. Thank you. Kind Regards.

Hey Bluesky,

No problem. In order to get some space from it all is coming off social media for a week or two an option?

Also, have you gotten anywhere with reporting the cyberbullying to the social media platforms it is happening on?

I really hear in your first message how intense it is right now. This is a safe space for you to talk about it if you feel comfortable. The other option would be to message me directly so we can talk in private, whatever feels right for you. Do you feel you have been able to talk about it?

-Peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.