Afraid of an internship ... tips?

ACm    

Hi everyone

I hope you are all doing good!

Soon I have an internship in a school home and I am really afraid of it. This is my second internship that I have in my life. I haven't made any good expiriences at my first internship and I am afraid that this time it will be the same. At the moment it even looks impossible for me to get through it

I'm afraid that I won't find the school, that I embarrass myself, make mistakes, am incompetent, make a bad (first) impression or disappoint the people there ...

Any tips for me in this situation? Any tips on how to overcome some of my fears or on how to best approach this internship?

Thank you!

17 hours ago, ACm said:

Hi everyone

I hope you are all doing good!

Soon I have an internship in a school home and I am really afraid of it. This is my second internship that I have in my life. I haven't made any good expiriences at my first internship and I am afraid that this time it will be the same. At the moment it even looks impossible for me to get through it

I'm afraid that I won't find the school, that I embarrass myself, make mistakes, am incompetent, make a bad (first) impression or disappoint the people there ...

Any tips for me in this situation? Any tips on how to overcome some of my fears or on how to best approach this internship?

Thank you!

Hey @ACm

Welcome :) 

How exciting about your internship; when do you start? I'm curious to know, can you tell me more about why it looks impossible for you to get through your internship? 

I'm wondering, can you find the school before your start date so you know where you're going? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @ACm

Welcome :) 

How exciting about your internship; when do you start? I'm curious to know, can you tell me more about why it looks impossible for you to get through your internship? 

I'm wondering, can you find the school before your start date so you know where you're going? 

I start my internship this Monday.

I don't know why exactly it looks impossible for me to get trough it. It is just a feeling that I get when I think about it. Maybe it's because I had bad expirience at my first internship (the people there sent very bad feedback about me to my school; they said I was to quiet, ...) or it's because I'm generally very shy and a school might not be the ideal internship place then. I just feel like I can't do it, that I'll embarrass myself and that I'll do everything badly or wrong.

I think I can find the school campus because I searched the way to get there on google maps. But I am more afraid that I walk into the wrong building on the campus or that I won't find the administration office where I have to report.

Hey there,

Ah, okay, it must have been hard for you to hear that feedback. I'm wondering though, can you use it to improve on the points made? I guess this is what an internship is for, to really improve your skills and get yourself ready for the world of work :). I think it's important to remember that everyone makes mistakes and that's a crucial part of the learning process. 

Also, I'm glad to hear you have searched for the school on Google Maps and this shows how organised you are. I'm thinking, maybe it will be good to leave plenty of extra time just incase you get lost - what do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e