This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

I keep getting flashback memories and its bringing me down

Emberfrost12    

2 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Maybe to make me see that someone does care about me?

also, we were talking about my painful memories, and I’m really stressed out about those because last year I was being bullied and the year before that I was bullying someone, like I mentioned, and everything about the weather is the exact same. Everything is triggering me, and I’m really on edge. 

Hey,

Yeah, that's exactly right. I think that it can be quite easy to lose sight of the great things we have when we are feeling emotional, and I hope it helped by asking that question :) 

Also, yeah, it sounds like you've got a lot going on right now. I'm wondering, how long have you been feeling like this for? Why do you think these feelings are so intense at the moment? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

The past few days.  And, I think it's intense because it's the same time of year, and the seperation thing is happening, and it happened those times too.

2 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

The past few days.  And, I think it's intense because it's the same time of year, and the seperation thing is happening, and it happened those times too.

It is a shame that this is happening to you. It is also a shame that there is no way of stopping this from happening

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Anniversaries for challenging events can really bring up a lot of old feelings and make the period quite tricky to navigate. I'm wondering, what is it like day to day for you at the moment? What kinds of feelings have you been experiencing?

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Every day there's just constant desperation and 'I can't do this anymore' and I just feel like giving up. every time someone criticizes me, I feel like crying and end up self-harming

1 minute ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Every day there's just constant desperation and 'I can't do this anymore' and I just feel like giving up. every time someone criticizes me, I feel like crying and end up self-harming

I know exactly how you feel

5 minutes ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I know exactly how you feel

thnx

I don't think I can handle school today, but I can't talk to my mom about my mental health (The first and last time I did, she got mad at me) so it looks like I must. Advice on getting through the day?

• Ditch the Label Staff
35 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I don't think I can handle school today, but I can't talk to my mom about my mental health (The first and last time I did, she got mad at me) so it looks like I must. Advice on getting through the day?

Hey @Emberfrost12 I'm sorry you're having such a bad day - they can be pretty exhausting. Something that works for me is to break up the day in my mind, so for example I say to myself "you've just got to leave the house and get to school" and then when there I would say to myself "you've just got to get through until break / lunch / this lesson" (break this down as small as you need to). 

I find it makes things more manageable rather than think of the entire day which can feel a bit overwhelming. Have you ever tried this? 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Blondie said:

Hey @Emberfrost12 I'm sorry you're having such a bad day - they can be pretty exhausting. Something that works for me is to break up the day in my mind, so for example I say to myself "you've just got to leave the house and get to school" and then when there I would say to myself "you've just got to get through until break / lunch / this lesson" (break this down as small as you need to). 

I find it makes things more manageable rather than think of the entire day which can feel a bit overwhelming. Have you ever tried this? 

No, I haven't. I'll try it today. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

No, I haven't. I'll try it today. Thanks for the tip!

Good luck and let us know how you get on 🙂

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Blondie said:

Good luck and let us know how you get on 🙂

Seems to be working… thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Pride 1

Today feels a lot worse. I'm having suicidal thoughts as well. :( I don't know what to do

On 1/14/2022 at 7:38 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Today feels a lot worse. I'm having suicidal thoughts as well. :( I don't know what to do

Hey there,

I just want you to know that I've sent you a message to check in.