I am scared please help me.

Egg    

Hello,

Soon my parents will learn I'm bisexaul. I am scared stiff about what they will say/do. I need help over coming my fear, may I please have some help?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Egg Welcome to the community,👋🏻  I am pleased you’ve found us.

I am Daisie a Community Warden on the forums and I wondered if you would benefit from talking to one of our trained Mentors for some support and advice?

I have tagged them in to this post. @Monsoon & @Blondie.

If you have any questions please feel to give me a shout, look forward to seeing you around. 😊

16 hours ago, Egg said:

Hello,

Soon my parents will learn I'm bisexaul. I am scared stiff about what they will say/do. I need help over coming my fear, may I please have some help?

Hey @Egg

Welcome :)

Thanks for coming to us for support. I think it's really normal to be scared about coming out when thinking about what other people might say or do next. I'm wondering, can you tell me what you think might happen with your parents? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I really don't know what will happen, I think they will be shocked, and my dad might be slightly scared or angry, and my mum might be shocked and maybe surprised.

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing how you think they might react. I'm wondering, if they do react like that, how do you think that will be for you? What will help you to get through it? 

DNA, it's not really voluntary.

Monsoon, I don't really know it will be, but I think some thing to help me through it would be to do something to get over the stress.

29 minutes ago, Egg said:

DNA, it's not really voluntary.

Monsoon, I don't really know it will be, but I think some thing to help me through it would be to do something to get over the stress.

Hey there,

Yeah, I'm wondering, what helps you to get through stress at the moment? Also, if they don't react well at first, do you think they might come around eventually? 

Hey,

Yeah, plenty of parents come around eventually. The strong love between a parent and child is really powerful and helps parents to become more accepting, so I think that gives a lot of people hope. What do you think about that? Also, are you thinking of telling them soon? 

On 12/10/2021 at 8:48 PM, Egg said:

I think that the thing about hope you said helps. And I have a deadline of telling them, it's in 2 days.

Hey @Egg

How are you feeling about telling them? Have you thought about what you're actually going to say? 

Hey @Egg

Can I just check, do you actually want to tell them? It's totally okay to wait, and there is no rush to do anything. When you say they will find out today even if you don't tell them, can you tell me a little bit more about that, please? 

I want to tel, them, but I didn't do it today because, I am mentaly not ready.

they would have found out today because of something I wrote down for a monologe, but was able to change that part.

Hey there,

That's totally okay that you didn't tell them; this is your journey and you get to decide the pace :)

How are you feeling about not sharing your news with them? 

19 hours ago, Egg said:

Like I am harboring a loud cat in my jacket. (Translation: I feel like my secret is gonna be found out soon.)

Hey,

Yeah, I bet. Carrying such a loud cat can be really draining, but there are ways to keep the cat calm. I'm wondering, have you came out to anyone else yet, like friends? If not, that can be really helpful, because many people feel like they can start being their more authentic self at that point. What do you think?

11 hours ago, Egg said:

I have told friends, it is very helpful. (Sorry for the late response, my power just came back on)

Hey there,

Oh, what happened with your power? Glad it's back on. Also, it's great that you told your friends. How did they react? :) 

(My power went out in a storm) Some of they were kinda shocked, but most were, how do I put this, not really suprised? But all of them do support me. 

Hey there,

It's so good that they all support you. How does that feel? I think that positive experiences like this can really boost your confidence for coming out and give you a good push in the right direction :)