I want to talk about a picture I posted on Instagram recently

Bea Miller    

Hi Bea, just stop think about other's negative words. I know you can decide what you post, it's your freedom. I can tell that you are my idol because you've tell us to be more proud with ourselves, with all we have had. You tell us to be happy with all we've got. That's all I can say, oh one more words. I LOVE AURORA X

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bea Miller

• peach311

• beassel

• bingabong

hey bea! its me again and i'm gonna leave another post because i heard i can talk about whatever hard thing i'm going trough. i really dont know how to explain everything that runs through my head daily, but i can try. i've felt pretty bad and depressed for three years now. i feel alone, misunderstood, like i don't belong anywhere, i feel stressed out, ungrateful, anxious and many other things. so many stuff happened to me on 2017 and i feel like all the words im dying to say are stuck in my throat and i cant verbalize them. i need to talk to someone, but i don't think i have somebody to talk to. the few friends i have, don't really know me or try to. and i cant explain how much i hate myself. i have never felt pretty before, or interesting or nothing at all. my self esteem is pretty low and i dont think fond of myself. i have so much respect for you and s.l.u.t., for making a song that captures the complete opposite of how i feel. i think you are one hell of a strong and admirable women for making a song that sends so many selflove for one person. i think before i've heard the song, i never really wanted to get better. but now i do, because i want to feel the way you describe in that song. so i guess thank you for making it, and pushing me to feel good about myself. i love you so much, and im so happy you made this post to hear us out.

Ahh Bea! I would love to tell the story of how your music got me through my experiences with bullying and how mush you've impacted me...

People began bullying me in 5th grade. I went to a private school with less than 60 kids in my grade and lived very far away from my school. I didn't really have any friends and the ones I thought were my friends turned out not to be. I had a "best friend" that would constantly degrade me and make me feel like shit. I had girls spread rumors about me that caused people to treat me very badly. The teachers and counselors did nothing and only made things worse in the 2 times I went to ask for help. A few months into 5th grade I discovered the video of you singing Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I was amazed how someone only 3 years older than me had also had gone through so much and was able to come out on top. About 6 months after I discovered you, the Young Blood EP was released. I loved those songs so much! This was the first ever time I had a connection with the music a singer was putting out and could relate to what the singer was singing about. Then, Not an Apology was released and I was so excited because I had waited FOREVER for it to come out. I loved that album so much, My favorites were Fire n Gold, Perfect Picture, and Force of Nature. (Not to mention that that album got me through a 13 hour plane ride where I couldn't fall asleep and the TVs weren't working). That summer, I began going to a new school for many reasons. One of the biggest ones was that I barely had any friends and people were still not very nice to me. Finally, yes girl was released. That song really inspired me to speak up for my self and not to take any shit from people. Later on, that song would help me stand up for myself and end a friendship that was only hurting my self-esteem. I have never heard a song I related to more than i can't breathe. You were able to perfectly show how it felt when I went through the bullying and depression. This new album is so amazing. Every song has a meaning and when I first listened, I couldn't believe how the songs just kept getting better and better. I just want to thank you Bea, for being the one person that could understand me through all my tough times and for making honest music. I can't wait until you go on tour so I get to meet you. I just wanted to tell you this story to show how much your music helped me through when I was being bullied. Amazing job on aurora, I can't thank you enough for all the things you've done for me through your music. ?'??'??'??'?

Bea-

Your songs never fail to inspire me, to be there at my darkest times, to make me feel understood. Aurora truly and genuinely changed my life, and I'm eternally grateful. Each and every song, every note, every word feels like it was pulled from snapshots of my own life, and I know it feels the same way to you, Art that can apply to anyone is the best kind. Enough of the sappy stuff, I am lucky enough to be motivated enough to get through my current situation, even when it feels like my world is falling apart. Thank you for being there for those like me- and those who need it more.

I think people will always say bad things even if the pic is good. You know we shouldn't give them the power to make us vulnerable to the words they say to us. I mean screw what people think. And i absolutely love and believe in you bea. And by the way you look like my cousin. You guys look like twins and i absolutely see you when i look at her face. And i love u both and stay strong bea.?

I think that's meaningless to comment something negative on other people's profile because if you don't like it you can just click on another thing and not ruin your day...

I mean some people focus too much on other people's lives instead of living their own.

Gosh, hey Bea! Something similar happened to me, but not for a pic or post. My ?best friend? called me a slut, whore, etc for kissing this guy I like and is my boyfriend currently. She said I was going from a guy to another but I haven't been in a relationship or envolved with someone in a long time :/ I love you and your music!?

Hey Bea, i know that our struggles aren't the same but in a way they are. I get ignored for not standing out in the school. When i do wear something that I like that stands a little bit, I still get ignored. People also never message me first or invite me to hang out or anything like that and it gets to me quite often. Sorry that this just turned into a rant, but I guess I needed to get it out in a way. (Please excuse my poor punctuation)

Dear Bea Miller,

You will probably not read this, but I wanted to share this just in case. I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. You have inspired so many to believe in themselves, to be themselves, and to never give up. I love that you use your voice for good and it is great that you have such a following to hear your words of wisdom. I admire you as a person for bringing ideas and feelings not always publically expressed to the table. You have said that you want to write and sing songs that will help you and your fans and you definitely have. Now, I want to do something to help you. I do not have the talent and ability of singing or access to the public, but I do want to make a positive difference in the world, your world. So, in return, I hope to inspire you and thank you.

Though I do not know you personally (though I hope we can meet), I have gotten acquainted with you through your music, interviews, and social media. From these I have learned that you are strong, confident, beautiful, intelligent, kind, and a talented artist. With these, among other great qualities, you can conquer any obstacle that is in your path. In your speech before singing ?i can't breathe? on June 27th, you mentioned how you were lost and felt alone. Whenever you are feeling this way, please remind yourself of all of those who care about you and will do anything to lift you up. We might not be there in person, but we are definitely there in spirit. We love you, Bea. These downfalls and obstacles will make you stronger and wiser. No one wants to go through the rough parts in life. I get that. I, as a somewhat optimistic person, work on turning the rough parts of life into lessons. It is very unfortunate how someone called you something so mean, but I admire how you handled it. We endure intense exercise so our bodies can be strong and healthy. These life obstacles exercise our inner strength and create healthy minds. Every struggle, every setback, and every loss teaches a lesson. Growth is key. You can conquer anything that comes your way. Life is tough, but you are tougher. I believe in you.

Along those lines, your three chapters and Aurora demonstrate your immense growth and transformation. Your transformation from sadness and anger to cafe-free, confident, and happy should support the idea that everyone has the capacity for change for the better. Keep doing what you're doing because it seems like you're doing it right.

As a science person, it is so interesting that you have synesthesia, specifically chromesthesia. I won't get into the biology and neuropsychology of it, but I just wanted to acknowledge this phenomenon.

You have matured into a talented artist and confident person. Your smile, laugh, voice, talent, words, lyrics, songs, ideas, presence, passion, humor, confidence, kindness, and strength, along with many more good qualities, motivate me to be a better person. Thank you for your music. I am so fortunate to be here to witness your progression in singing and writing. You write songs that are deep, relatable, encouraging, and full of wisdom. Your words have made me appreciate life more. Your most recent music is lyrically and musically genius. You should be so proud. Your passion and hard work is evident in Aurora and I am looking forward to what you will create in the future. You will have a successful life: you will meet great people, you will share your wisdom with the world, and you will continue to grow. Because of your example, I try my best to be a better, kinder, more selfless person. Thank you. I am here for you if you ever want to talk or for me to listen. There is so much I want to say, but I will end this letter here. You have impacted my life so much, I hope I can return the favor someday.

Thank you for being you and thank you for reading, Bea!

Stay extraordinary,

Anonymous

Hey Bea :) my story is a little bit different but it still felt the same as someone saying it to your face. So my boyfriend and I have been dating over two years and we trust eachother a lot and we talk about everything. Sex, life, periods, you name it and we've talked about it. So my ?friend? randomly came in and started asking questions about my relationship with my bf and how it was going and stuff. I told her that it was going well and that we talk a lot and we have a lot of trust. She then went on to ask about what we talk about it. When I told her that we've talked about sex and our opinions about it and all that, she started ranting on and on about how talking about it basically means you're going to do it and that we might as well go ahead and have sex because we've basically already have by talking about it. She wouldn't listen to me when I told her that by talking about it I meant as in what our intentions and boundaries are and whether or not we want to make that choice. We both steadfastly agreed that we wanted to save it for marriage and that was that. She took it all comepltky the wrong way, started freaking out and telling me we were going to break up bc we talked about it and so we basically already had sex and our relationship was forever doomed. Then she started spreading rumors and tried to get an adult involved and then lied to my face when I asked her if she talked to anyone else about it. She never directly said it, but I know she was implying that she thought I was a slut and your song S.L.U.T has really empowered me to be strong through the weeks of all that drama and realize that I didn't need that toxic kind of friendship my life :)

Hey I also just wanted to say that your song ?I Can't Breathe? has been my favorite song the past couple months and it has helped me through countless bad days and your song has helped me find some peace in that someone out there understands and is going though the same thing ??

hi bea.'i want to talk about my style. i like croptops and things like that. but my mom thinks they're making me a slut. i've told her it's nothing like that but she keeps slut shaming me. plus i can't wear those clothes because of it.. i even told her you wrote a song about this and it's 2018 and everyone should understand that if women wear small clothes it doesn't give men right to rape. that's what my mom is scared of. so yeah :( i love your style and one day i'll be able to wear clothes like that!'but what can i do to change my mom's mind?

Dear Bea Miller,

I appreciate you starting this discussion. It is saddening to see hurting others? feelings, but I admire how you handled it. Your determined personality allowed you to face the criticism head-on, but with grace.

I have never been called anything to the same extent as that one person called you. But I am highly empathetic. I not only sense people's emotions, but also unconsciously take on the experiences of their emotions myself. It is very difficult for me sometimes to cope because there is so much anxiety, depression, insecurity, and loneliness that I then experience. I am deeply conflicted because I want to do something to help those people, but also want to remove myself from them so I do not have to experience the pain all the time. I never know if I am feeling a certain way because of me or because of someone else. Because of this, I do not have many friends (don't socialize much) and am quiet, shy, and reserved. I hope I can find balance and happiness the way you have. Thank you for inspiring me to work harder towards self-actualization.

Love you deeply,

Anonymous

Hey Bea!

I've been called a slut a lot recently because of a controversial mistake I made, and it made me feel really down and bad about myself. But your song S.L.U.T. helped me to empower my decision because ultimately, the people who are hating are honestly just jealous. Thankyou for making your music meaningful and helping me get through this, as well as many other things!!

Love a longtime fan :) ??

Bea, you are one of the strongest people I know and I look up to you so much for everything you do & everything you stand up for. The way you care about this community and your desire to make a change is absolutely inspiring. I've personally never been called a slut before, I've always been on the chubby side growing up and also not as popular. I'd always get made fun of in school or have people say I need to lose weight and stop being so annoying. Even my own family says it and dealing with college and work at the same time is so stressful. Hearing my parents say I'm pathetic and not good enough has got to be the saddest thing in the world dude. When I grow up, I want to be a therapist and activist and stand up for what I believe in and to drop all these labels that people catogeroize us in. We ARE beautiful, we ARE worth it. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and those around you, we couldn't do this without you. "S.L.U.T." And Aurora in general has made me feel so much more confident in my skin and with my personality, I finally feel like I can be myself. I can't thank you enough. And I promise I'll always be here to support you no matter what. You're beautiful and amazing and don't let anyone tear that down.

Also, please go on tour soon lmao I'm dying I need to scream out these lyrics with you :)

Bea,

I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with us on issues that actually matter. The support you provide not only through your music, but also through your love of others does indeed save lives. I wanted to talk for a second about the things we are being taught and have had ingrained into our heads since such a young age. I was physically and verbally bullied by my peers starting at age seven... with ONLY the physical abuse stopping around age 11 or 12.

That being said, I don't necessarily want to hash out my trauma and heartbreak atm. What I really want is for others to reflect with me on how backwards our world has become...for kids as old as six and seven years old to target, verbally abuse, and even go as far as putting their hands on someone else...all for being different then them. The idea that we as CHILDREN have grown up with this messed up image of what is "normal" is beyond harmful. We are taught to attack anything that doesn't immediately resonate with what is familiar to us. We are taught to grow and mature off of the fumes of fear. Fear of not being "enough". Fear of not "measuring up". Anything outside the realm of mainstream has the potential to be "dangerous" and bring "unwanted attention"... when the reality of the situation is EVERY. HUMAN. BEING. IS. MADE. DIFFERENT. The idea that the majority of us have grown up under the preface that we can only fit one mold our entire lives is poisonous to one's self esteem and unrealistic to try and make happen. The world seems to find any and every excuse to put people down, no matter what you choose. If you are reserved about your sexuality or feel embarrassed/don't show off your body... you're a prude. If you are sexually active and confident with your body and yourself, you're a slut. you suddenly have too much power and that can become "threatening" to others. We as human beings have been taught to build this society out of hatred. We are being taught to turn against one another because if we were to work together... we would be more powerful than any force.

WE HAVE TO REALIZE THIS. It is forums like these that we will be able to start a new...choose something different for all those that come after us. We have to actively participate and choose to be different and accept others the way they are.

I am currently struggling with mental health and self confidence issues. Any messages interested in talking about what all is going on in my head would be greatly appreciated. I know the change starts with me and I want to do the best I can to educate myself and learn how to be me before I even worry about judging anyone else. Any helpful or even not so helpful conversations that want to be started regarding this, hit me up in my inbox. I would really love some advice on some questions I have personally.

and Bea, keep being yourself and using your platform to help others. It has already gone so far and it only goes up from here, kid. I love you and your message and will stand behind you every chance I get.

This last sentence goes for anyone. If you are struggling with anything, feel free to message me! I know the change starts with me. Will you let the change flow through you as well?

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your posts so far and welcome to all the new peeps.

If you need any support around anything you are going through please feel free to message me directly.

Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness and we care about how you are doing.

Sending positivity

-Peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi Bea, the song and you mean seriously the world to me. The semester before last summer was like a hell for me. A boy, my ex best friend, wanted to rape me. He was a guy on school who would never do that, well thats what everyone said. So he told everyone I lied about that, and actually everyone, even my friends, started calling me slut and did not stopped telling me I was lying.

When your song came out, it actually gave me confidence again. I started ignoring the faces, the words. And people actually forget about the whole thing that happend and started talking again. So thank you Bea. I can't wait to actually hug you in real life, and thank you for every thing.

hey bea!!

my name's Ban, and before i start, i wanna say how much ily and im so proud of your album!! its such a bop i love it!!

anyway, ive never been slut-shamed before, or any of that, its more of a thing between me and my friends'?

like back in 7th grade, my childhood best friend ditched me for some ther girls, and then in 8th grade she got close to another girl, and now she barely speacks to her, and the same thing happened again but now shes ignoring me and going off with some other girls and telling me blandly to leave and its kinda killing me on the inside bc i dont get why shes acting this way'? its so confusing. and no one expects me to be bothered bc i put on this confident, self-loving, and emotional-less front and i usually dont let things get to me, but this is hurting me and everyone is expecting me to comfort them when something happens and no one really understands that i actually want some comfort from time to time and it gets kinda irritating

sorry to bore with this overly long rant, but it was good to get that off my chest :))

ilysm bea ?'??

Hey Bea,

I've decided to let it all out. I've been bullied for a 9 years going onto 10 years now and school has given me so much pressure. my family puts pressure on me to, they argue sometimes and is extremely sexist and biased to my younger brother. They are everything I'm not, i am strongly against racism, bullying, sexism and any kind of discrimination, including the haters of the LGBT+ community. Because of what I believe in, my family treats me differently. This is painful for me because not only when I flee the bullying hole I call school, I come back home to more disasters. I couldn't handle most of what was going on in my life and it gotten to the point where I decided to cut myself at 9 years old till now. I tried to kill myself multiple times but yet I was to weak to do it. I don't know how or why but I thought I could get away from everything by doing that. I've recently stopped hurting myself though I can never really find the reason why. I still have the urge to pick it up but never to press it down. I love you bea, truly, with all my heart. You're probably not gonna read this but it did feel good to let it out a bit. I have lost myself in your music, I do feel a lot better when I listen it. You're beautiful, everyone's who reading this is beautiful, you're music is beautiful, everyone's voice is beautiful. I love you all whose reading this.

Hey Laura,

I am Peach311 one of the Mentors here at Ditch the Label.

Thank you for your honesty with everything you have been through.

Are you up for messaging me directly so we can talk more privately? You deserve support and I really hear from your post how intense life is right now and continues to be for you and we want to help you. Your safety and wellbeing is the most important thing.

Are you feeling suicidal today? I know it can be uncomfortable to talk about. This is a safe space and you are not alone.

If at any point you feel unsafe please reach out to Samaritans of Singapore: https://www.sos.org.sg they are available 24 hours a day to talk.

Sending support

-Peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I find it really inspiring that you did that. It's a way to tell other people that they shouldn't listen to the negativity and especially since you have so many fans like myself who may experience the same thing. You showed a good way to go against and I think it shows that if you can do it then it's not impossible for anyone else to do it. ??

Exactly. Everyone assumes most of our abuse comes from men, but it's other women that seem so intent on putting each other down. What does the word ?slut? even mean? Is it wearing a short skirt? Is it sleeping with the guy you like? Because as far as I can tell, those are things we should embrace. Body confidence is encouraged so much, but it's not that easy when ?confident? quickly gets turned into ?slut'.

Hi Bea! So since you want to talk about I'm going to share my experience. People happens to try to shame me for the opposite reason, because I'm a 17 year old virgin an i have never had a boyfriend (or gf in any case) and also 'coz i don't like to share pictures of that kind (not because i don't like my body I'm 100% okay with it or because i think they're wrong but i just don't like it, i don't feel comfortable sharing it on social media) and so people starts saying I'm a fake saint or whatever and yeah it bothers me cause I'm not going around slut shaming people bc of their choices or saying that its wrong, i respect their thing but they don't respect mine. What is so wrong with not wanting to show yourself in that way? I'm not insecure i just don't want to do it, i can love myself offline, no I'm not trying to play the non. What is so wrong if i haven't had a couple? Life isn't about relationships and yeah boys or girls may haven't looked at me that way but it's not my fault, is their thing if they want me or not but is not a reason to shame somebody even if you think is funny. I know it isn't common to find somebody like that these days but God stop it.

Hi dear bea! and hi everyone.

i can not understan why you as the world belongs to us we constantly request more rights.we have all and more rigts then male's.if we don't respect our bodies,why others to will respect ourselves?

dont be famous with your body!