how do I tell my girlfriend I'm bisexual??

Francisco Β  Β 

See, the thing is I've known for a long time I'm bi but when I started dating my girlfriend I didn't feel the need to tell her cause I thought our relationship wouldn't last. Now we love eachother and I wanna be with her for many years. But lately, I've been wanting to tell her, im just so afraid that she gets scared and breaks up with me. Honestly coming out to my friends was easier than this, idk if I should hide my sexuality and be happy with her or come out and possibily ruin everything :((

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to us with this. I think that hiding your sexuality would be tricky and lead to challenging feelings bubbling over due to not feeling like you can be yourself; what do you think? I'm wondering, how come you think she might get scared and break up with you?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Im scared that the stereotypes or the typical opressive ideas scare her off. I'm scared that she won't be comfortable dating a bi person, and the fact that many people who loved me, stoped doing so when I came out to them. Im afraid that the same thing will happen, and yes maybe I will have some sort of discomfort for not telling her, but maybe its a sacrifice I have to make so I can remain happy in the big picture. I dont really know, thats why I wrote this post, in hopes of finding people who've been in a similar situation and from there develop my stand on this topic....

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get your fears, especially when people have stopped loving you when you came out to them previously. I think I have a different take on it really; I'm thinking that if there are people in your life who can't love and accept you for who you are, then do they really deserve the privilege of being so close to you? What do you think?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...

I think that if she really does love you that much then when you come out she should be fine with dating a Bi personΒ