My parents are really homophobic and tell me how being lgbtq is a sin everyday... I’m pansexual... how do I tell them?

Nav    

My parents are really homophobic... I am almost 13 and pansexual... every day my parents tell me how disgusting the lgbtq community is and I just nod my head and say ok because they don’t know I’m pansexual... how do I tell them... they think that all those people need to die... and I’m pansexual... so how do I tell them ?

Hey @Nav

Welcome to our community. I'm sorry to hear that your parents have such strong views against the LGBTQ+ community. I'm wondering, is it safe for you to come out? With them saying that those in the community need to die, I'm wondering, how do you think they might react to you? If there's a chance that you could be put in danger by coming out, then it's best to wait until you can keep yourself safe e.g., by being being old enough to live away from them/already living separately. Speak soon and take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e