This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Hi

Emberfrost12    

I've been here fr a week now! Or, technicaly, six and a half months (took me forever to actually create an asccount.) wow. thnx dtl people. im glad i found this place.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Thnx, sounds good

Let us know how it goes @Emberfrost12!

Also, it's been great to have you here on the community. What are you enjoying about it? 🙂

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

11 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

The community. The way it works

Hey,

I'm glad you're enjoying it. If you can think of a way in which we can improve, please let us know 🙂 

2 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Broken-space-bar-im-going-to-be-writing-like-this-now-lol

Actually, nvrmnd, i fixed it

Help! I keep thinking things I don't want to and telling myself that I'm not good enough, that I am horrible and that I'm worthless. I don't know what has me so triggered but I want to self-harm and am panicking.

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.
On 10/18/2021 at 4:15 PM, Blondie said:

Sometimes it's best to try and choose a time when you have her full attention. When she's not too busy, ask her if you can find some time to have a talk. Obviously your family will have their own routines, but you might say for example on a Thursday evening "Hey, can we spend some time together on Saturday afternoon. I'd really like to talk to you about something and would really like your input."

Adapt it to suit yours and your mom's schedules so you have her undivided attention which immediately removes a certain amount of pressure if say, she's tired. If it helps, have a few notes/prompters so you don't forget what you want to say and then try again. It's usually good to say what you want to say (i.e. I identify as.... this is really important to me... it would mean so much if you would use <insert the pronouns that you use) pronouns and/or if you would acknowledge and respect my identity.

This way, out should open things up a bit. Depending on how you feel, you could ask if she has any questions - does she want to learn more - does she have any concerns?

How does that sound?

I like it! 👍 

Well I self harm I feel mixed emotions I do it then I do something calming to get back in the correct head space after the horrible side of things, there is help out there who can support you, their is a website called Self Injury and it shows you different ways you can cope with your emotional side of when you self harm. D9 you think you think you can try taking a look? https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/ is there website hope your okay ♡

Edited by JessFlower33
Adding a link in

8 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Help! I keep thinking things I don't want to and telling myself that I'm not good enough, that I am horrible and that I'm worthless. I don't know what has me so triggered but I want to self-harm and am panicking.

Hey,

I just want you to know that we've sent you a message to check in on you. Take care and speak soon. 

1 hour ago, JessFlower33 said:

I like it! 👍 

Well I self harm I feel mixed emotions I do it then I do something calming to get back in the correct head space after the horrible side of things, there is help out there who can support you, their is a website called Self Injury and it shows you different ways you can cope with your emotional side of when you self harm. D9 you think you think you can try taking a look? https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/ is there website hope your okay ♡

Hey,

This is great advice, thank you for sharing. Would you like to share some of the calming things you do to help yourself get into a better head space? It might be helpful to the other members; it's totally okay if you don't want to! 

I keep on thinking up scenarios based on the worst things possible, and then i contemplate it and make it worse and worse and its so agrivating. im also feeling really distant from...well, everything. its kinda like im mentally half asleep and physically awake

12 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I keep on thinking up scenarios based on the worst things possible, and then i contemplate it and make it worse and worse and its so agrivating. im also feeling really distant from...well, everything. its kinda like im mentally half asleep and physically awake

Hello @Emberfrost12

Thank you for opening up to me and telling me more. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the kinds of things you're contemplating and finding aggravating? 

Hey there,

They are interesting thoughts to be having. I'm wondering, where do you think they are coming from? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

They are interesting thoughts to be having. I'm wondering, where do you think they are coming from? 

I honestly have no idea.

11 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I honestly have no idea.

Hey there,

That's okay. So, I'm wondering, do you feel like something you have done may lead to you losing your friends and being kicked out? If so, can you tell me more? I'm here to listen and understand.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:40 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's okay. So, I'm wondering, do you feel like something you have done may lead to you losing your friends and being kicked out? If so, can you tell me more? I'm here to listen and understand.

well, my mom expects me to be perfect, so in turn i'm expecting more perfection from myself. maybe that has something to do with it?

On 11/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

well, my mom expects me to be perfect, so in turn i'm expecting more perfection from myself. maybe that has something to do with it?

Hey there,

Ah yeah, potentially. If you aren't feeling good enough and putting a lot of pressure on yourself, then there can be more of a tendency to have intense feelings about being rejected. What do you think? 

13 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Makes sense to me.

Hey @Emberfrost12

Yeah, totally. I wonder, what do you think could help you right now to not put so much pressure on yourself? What needs to  change for things to be better? 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Emberfrost12

Yeah, totally. I wonder, what do you think could help you right now to not put so much pressure on yourself? What needs to  change for things to be better? 

um...i'm drawing a blank. im not sure.

17 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

um...i'm drawing a blank. im not sure.

Hey,

So, my thought is that you might have really high goals for yourself that may be causing you stress; what do you think? Could you maybe relax some of them to ease some of the pressure?