Coming out!

Star23    

Hi! I am lesbian and have wanted to come out for like a year now, but am WAY to scared. Kinda odd, since I live in a very LGBTQ+ supportive school/community.  Here I'd like to give tips on finding your sexuality and I'll also gladly receive tips 🙂

Hey there,

It's great that you know your identity already 🙂

How does it feel now that you've known for a year? I think that before anyone comes out, there is definitely an element of fear, and that's totally normal. It sounds like you are in a really supportive environment and that you'll have a positive experience coming out. I'm wondering, can you tell me a little bit more about the fear that you're feeling at the moment? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I have always been a very secretive person, and I think I might have trust issues. I think the fear I have is mostly being so vulnerable and revealing such a huge secret. I did just last evening send my mom a meme, (maybe not the best way to come out) and she has not responded since. She does have a ton of unopened emails, but...

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get that tendency to be secretive and how it can be scary being so vulnerable. I'm wondering, has there been a time in the past where you've been vulnerable and it's gone well? If so, can you tell me some more about that? 🙂

Also, do you think the meme makes it clear what your sexuality is? 

I don't remember a time when I have really been vulnerable. I've never really shared stuff like that. Also, the meme says "... I'm lesbian" and ha a picture of a cat because cats are awesome.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:47 AM, Star23 said:

Hi! I am lesbian and have wanted to come out for like a year now, but am WAY to scared. Kinda odd, since I live in a very LGBTQ+ supportive school/community.  Here I'd like to give tips on finding your sexuality and I'll also gladly receive tips 🙂

I'm Bi! congrat gurlll

12 hours ago, Star23 said:

I don't remember a time when I have really been vulnerable. I've never really shared stuff like that. Also, the meme says "... I'm lesbian" and ha a picture of a cat because cats are awesome.

Hey there,

Okay, so I'm wondering, what do you think might happen when you reveal this part of yourself? I know it might be hard to face the possibility of doing it, but how do you think you might feel afterwards? 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, Star23 said:

Congrats, I'm lesbian too

Come out whenever you feel comfortable, and it's okay to stay in the closet

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 12:47 AM, Star23 said:

I'm trying to figure my sexuality out at the moment. I was wondering how you figured out your sexuality? Totally fine if you don't want to share but it would be helpful.

On 10/10/2021 at 3:10 AM, a human_56 said:

Congrats, I'm lesbian too

Come out whenever you feel comfortable, and it's okay to stay in the closet

im Bi :)