I can't do ANY of my schoolwork

Karabo    

Yo. I'm new to this whole Ditch The Label thing and I need help. I'm in my last year of Uni and I have the biggest case of senioritis. I can't seem to get any of my work done, I can't sit down and study, and my social life on campus is terrible. I feel very alone because there is no one to talk to about this. It stresses me out because I may actually fail the semester and lose my scholarship. Even with this in the back of my mind, I can't seem to do anything productive. I've tried pulling all-nighters but all I end up doing is listening to music and staring at the laptop screen aimlessly, which sets me back even more because during the day I'm tired throughout my lectures. I don't know what to do at this point to be honest. I've thought about dropping out but the backlash I'd receive from everyone around me would be too much for me to handle. At some point I considered suicide to free myself from all of this, but I'm not willing to go down that path. I'm studying a top course but even so, the future looks really bleak, especially considering that I coudn't secure an internship last semester, and had to watch as all my coursemates went to work for big companies while I was doing nothing - this hurts me tremendously.

I don't know what to do anymore, my usual tricks to get me booted up for the semester have failed and I've lost enthusiasm for my course program. Please help me. 

Hey @Karabo

Thank you for coming to us for help. It sounds like you've got a lot going on right now, and it's totally understandable to feel overwhelmed in your situation. It's positive that you're talking about it and asking others for help. How does it feel getting all of that off your chest? I just want to check before we go ahead, are you safe at the moment? I saw that you mentioned suicide, and although you said you're not willing to go down that path, I just wanted to double check and make sure that you're okay. Once I know you're safe, I can then help you more. I hope to hear back from you soon. Take care. 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 10/6/2021 at 8:04 AM, Karabo said:

Yo. I'm new to this whole Ditch The Label thing and I need help. I'm in my last year of Uni and I have the biggest case of senioritis. I can't seem to get any of my work done, I can't sit down and study, and my social life on campus is terrible. I feel very alone because there is no one to talk to about this. It stresses me out because I may actually fail the semester and lose my scholarship. Even with this in the back of my mind, I can't seem to do anything productive. I've tried pulling all-nighters but all I end up doing is listening to music and staring at the laptop screen aimlessly, which sets me back even more because during the day I'm tired throughout my lectures. I don't know what to do at this point to be honest. I've thought about dropping out but the backlash I'd receive from everyone around me would be too much for me to handle. At some point I considered suicide to free myself from all of this, but I'm not willing to go down that path. I'm studying a top course but even so, the future looks really bleak, especially considering that I coudn't secure an internship last semester, and had to watch as all my coursemates went to work for big companies while I was doing nothing - this hurts me tremendously.

I don't know what to do anymore, my usual tricks to get me booted up for the semester have failed and I've lost enthusiasm for my course program. Please help me. 

Hey don't you worry...just hold on for a little more time okay?? .. Something better is still waiting out there and if you really want to drop out and do something different ..do it...at the end of the day you are by yourself so you have to do things for you...People judge you everytime no matter what you do...So hang in there...You will find your light...love you...Have a great day(I mean its morning in here .. don't know what time zone it is there)

• Like 2

I am okay. Thank you for checking. Im just stressed out a lot. I just need help on how to get back my mojo. I feel like im losoing my mind out here. A lot of things are over due and i just cant get my self to do anything abut it. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @Karabo

Thank you for coming to us for help. It sounds like you've got a lot going on right now, and it's totally understandable to feel overwhelmed in your situation. It's positive that you're talking about it and asking others for help. How does it feel getting all of that off your chest? I just want to check before we go ahead, are you safe at the moment? I saw that you mentioned suicide, and although you said you're not willing to go down that path, I just wanted to double check and make sure that you're okay. Once I know you're safe, I can then help you more. I hope to hear back from you soon. Take care. 

7 hours ago, Learning how to love mysel said:

Hey don't you worry...just hold on for a little more time okay?? .. Something better is still waiting out there and if you really want to drop out and do something different ..do it...at the end of the day you are by yourself so you have to do things for you...People judge you everytime no matter what you do...So hang in there...You will find your light...love you...Have a great day(I mean its morning in here .. don't know what time zone it is there)

Thank you so much for this. I haven't felt okay for a while and reading this actually kinda made me tear up a bit. I really appreciate you for this. Love you too. Blessings to you and yours. 

14 minutes ago, Karabo said:

Thank you so much for this. I haven't felt okay for a while and reading this actually kinda made me tear up a bit. I really appreciate you for this. Love you too. Blessings to you and yours. 

Oh my god I am crying..love you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karabo said:

I am okay. Thank you for checking. Im just stressed out a lot. I just need help on how to get back my mojo. I feel like im losoing my mind out here. A lot of things are over due and i just cant get my self to do anything abut it. 

Hey there,

It's nice to hear from you, and I'm glad that you are okay. Yeah, it really does sound like you're going through a lot of stress at the moment. Can I ask, how long have you been feeling like this for? I'm wondering at what point you tipped over and started to become really overwhelmed? 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It's nice to hear from you, and I'm glad that you are okay. Yeah, it really does sound like you're going through a lot of stress at the moment. Can I ask, how long have you been feeling like this for? I'm wondering at what point you tipped over and started to become really overwhelmed? 

To be honest I've been feeling like this for the better part of a year now, but looking at the situation I'm in right now, I really can't afford to be slacking the way I am. I need to get my s**t together before everything I've done to get this far is school goes to waste. My tipping point I guess would be when I realised I wasnt going to get an internship. To be honest I half-assed the entire thing and thought I'd still get something, but when I didn't I just fell into a deep dark place. I'm still trying to recover from that because all my coursemates can talk about is their experiences at "work" and all I can do is sit and listen. Not to say I'm bitter or jealous or anything, I'm just human you know, and it makes me feel some type of way. So yeah that's basically it. 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:34 AM, Karabo said:

i feel the exact same way as you. im in my first year and i dont have the motivation to do anything ive felt like this for the better part of the past 2 years but its gotten much worse this year. all the symptoms point toward burnout but nothing i do helps. i havent made any friends at uni bc we arent allowed on campus yet bc of covid. im not allowed out much bc of covid as well and i dont speak to people who i was friends with from highschool and frankly i dont want to, someone told a friend of mine that they used to talk about me behind my back to my other friends throughout most of highschool. and the worst part is these are the 'kind' girls who everyone thinks are so nice. the only other people from school i am still friends with are people my mom doesnt like so she wont let me go out with them. But nevermind that recently we've been arguing alot about little things and i speak the them everyday but i havent seen them since the end of november and they are on their on paths and are probably just growing apart from me and making new friends. we fight so often i think they still speak to me so regularly is bc its what they are used to be honestly i dont think they are going to carry on for very long.  im so worried about failing any of my courses bc if i do then i have to repeat the year and dont get to move on with second year and then i wont get financial aid. I dont have any motivation to do work and im weeks behind. everyday i worry about how long this will goon for but i still dont find the motivation. ive become so used to getting shit marks that when i fail i just think next time ill do better but its been like this since march and im not sure if im going to pass. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Karabo said:

To be honest I've been feeling like this for the better part of a year now, but looking at the situation I'm in right now, I really can't afford to be slacking the way I am. I need to get my s**t together before everything I've done to get this far is school goes to waste. My tipping point I guess would be when I realised I wasnt going to get an internship. To be honest I half-assed the entire thing and thought I'd still get something, but when I didn't I just fell into a deep dark place. I'm still trying to recover from that because all my coursemates can talk about is their experiences at "work" and all I can do is sit and listen. Not to say I'm bitter or jealous or anything, I'm just human you know, and it makes me feel some type of way. So yeah that's basically it. 

Hey there,

Yeah, as you said, you're just human, and we have to process difficult experiences, and I guess that sometimes is much easier said than done. It really does sound like you're carrying a lot of weight right now, and I can imagine that you're feeling really dragged down by all of this which is completely understandable. I'm wondering, what has helped you to cope when you've struggled in the past? We all have certain things we do to get us through difficult times, and I like to explore this area with the people that I support. I hope to hear back from you soon.