I figured I'm lesbian (23) and now I have many girl problems

katyhere    

Hey, I'm a 23 yo girl who's never been in a relationship. One year ago I got my first crush, but she's my college teeacher (27f). I thought she liked my but just recently one thing happened than I don't think so anymore. This whole year was a torture thinking about how all the time and not being able to say her how I feel, but I had hope she feels something for me too. Now I don't and it hurts even more which I didn't think was possible. It was so unbearable even to think about it (her being that indifferent) that I decided to try to distract myself and maybe eventually move on from her. So, I went to a dating website to maybe talk to other girls, and we matched with one. Super gorgeous (24). We text and flirt a lot, but I know she's not into relationships, just into having fun.  I think I'm getting attached to her, but she's more of a free spirit. I'm afraid I'll fall for her and will get my heart broken again. 

If just recently all I was thinking was that teacher, now it's the two of them. I don't want to work or study, all I can think of is how alone I feel, and how I want that teacher, and also about this new girl. I don't know what to do, how to be productive again and how not to feel that shitty anymore. I'll be happy to hear any advice, I just don't know how to deal with all of this myself, it's so messed up. 

Hey @katyhere

Welcome to our community 🙂

I noticed that you posted the same topic three times, so I've closed the other two and replied to this one - I hope that's okay. 

Thank you for opening up to us about how you're feeling. It sounds like you're quite emotional right now and feeling overwhelmed which is totally understandable. It's so hard when we want someone and can't have them, and it can be really tricky to know what to do. I guess that for this kind of thing, time is the best healer of the hurt and pain that comes with it. Although it can be difficult, it's best to just let your mind confront these challenging feelings and give yourself the time to process them. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

16 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @katyhere

I guess that for this kind of thing, time is the best healer of the hurt and pain that comes with it. Although it can be difficult, it's best to just let your mind confront these challenging feelings and give yourself the time to process them. What do you think? 

Hey! Thank you so much. Sounds awesome, but I don't understand what means to "give myself time". What do I do during this time? What should I do/think? 

Hey,

How are you doing today? Have you had anymore thoughts about what you might do?

Also, what I mean by 'give myself time' is that it's important to be patient with these feelings and let your mind process them. I think that when we are in a difficult situation, we want it to be solved straight away. However, by doing this, a lot of the time, we don't actually allow ourselves time to sit with those feelings and move through them. What do you think?

• Pride 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e