Crushes

A human being    

Hello again!

I am now out as bi to most of my friends and all of my direct family, which feels great. I’ve also started attending my school’s LGBTQ+ club, which I’m loving!

anyway, you may remember from an earlier post that I have a massive crush on one of my best friends (probably for about a year now?) and earlier today she told me that she has a crush on someone. 

I’ve been refraining from mentioning any feelings I’ve had for her because she said that she didn’t really have a crush on someone or want to be in a relationship, though now she’s told me that she thinks that she likes someone in our friend group. 

is it possible that she likes me?

idk if I’m just being hopeful or if there’s a genuine possibility, but do you think there’s any way that I could discreetly ask for more details without seeming intrusive or giving away that I like her?

Thanks for reading xx I’d really appreciate some help with this. 

• Like 1

i feel the same way u do. i like one of my best friends but she has a boyfriend already. if she ever found out that i like her, she would probably flip out. but i have a boyfriend who i really like while i still like her. i think that ur friend might like you. try playing truth or dare with her and if she picks truth, ask her who she likes. and if she says "different truth" say what is the name of the person that u like. start from there. she most likely likes u.

19 hours ago, A human being said:

Hello again!

I am now out as bi to most of my friends and all of my direct family, which feels great. I’ve also started attending my school’s LGBTQ+ club, which I’m loving!

anyway, you may remember from an earlier post that I have a massive crush on one of my best friends (probably for about a year now?) and earlier today she told me that she has a crush on someone. 

I’ve been refraining from mentioning any feelings I’ve had for her because she said that she didn’t really have a crush on someone or want to be in a relationship, though now she’s told me that she thinks that she likes someone in our friend group. 

is it possible that she likes me?

idk if I’m just being hopeful or if there’s a genuine possibility, but do you think there’s any way that I could discreetly ask for more details without seeming intrusive or giving away that I like her?

Thanks for reading xx I’d really appreciate some help with this. 

Hey there,

Yeah, it could be a possibility. When she was saying that she likes 'someone', did you get the feeling that it's someone else, or do you think she was indirectly trying to signal that she means you? I really like Music Geek's truth or dare idea. But yeah, generally, maybe you could ask them for more info on the person. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I think she might have been indirectly trying to tell me, but I’m not really sure whether to trust my judgement on this one though. @Music_Geek_23 I really like the truth or dare idea, I’ll probably try that. 

Thanks so much for the idea xx

Hey,

Yeah, I think she may have been trying that as well. When she has had a crush in the past, has she been pretty open about who it was? I guess that it was unusual for her to not say who it was immediately, so it does make me wonder. 

Not really sure- this is her first crush. I guess the thing that makes me hopeful is that whenever I ask her something like a distinguishing feature, like hair colour or something she doesn’t answer,  but if it’s something a bit more vague she’ll happily talk about it. 

21 hours ago, A human being said:

Not really sure- this is her first crush. I guess the thing that makes me hopeful is that whenever I ask her something like a distinguishing feature, like hair colour or something she doesn’t answer,  but if it’s something a bit more vague she’ll happily talk about it. 

Hey,

That is interesting and makes me think that it could be you. Maybe you could try asking her if she is going to tell her crush, and when she might do it? 

Yeah maybe. I talked to her earlier today and she said if I tell her my crush then she’d tell me hers, but I’m not really sure what to do. I’d have to tell her that I like her, and I mean if she likes me back then that would be great but otherwise I’m worried that it would ruin our friendship. What should I do?

Tell her that your crush doesn't go to your school. Say you met your crush at a store or something and say the first name you think of. Then if she tells you her crush and it's you, then be like, well, I actually have two crushes. I kind of like you too. But if she doesn't say that you're her crush, then just act like nothing is happening. Like you just are friends. Eventually she will realize what she is missing out on by not being with you. And if she doesn't realize that, then she better start opening her eyes and seeing that you are there whenever she needs you and do everything with her. Let us know if her crush is you.

Well, then try telling one of your friends that you're going to use their name to get your crush to not know that you like her.  Then, if you get the ok from your other friend, then tell your crush the name of your other friend. It's what I would do.

Hey,

Yeah, I totally get your worry about not being sure whether to say it's actually her or not. I also wonder that if you did say your crush is someone else, then this might discourage her from saying that she likes you if that is the case, as she might be doing it to see if you like her first. Would she tell you who she likes first instead? 

Thanks so much xx. 

so I told her and it didn’t go as badly as I expected!

at first she was sort of in denial that I liked her (she’s got quite low self esteem) but then I asked her who her crush was and she said that she did like me after all. 

She has days when she’s kind of emotionally numb, and others when she isn’t, and today she wasn’t really feeling much (I probably didn’t pick the best time to tell her) but she said that a few days ago when she was feeling a bit better she did like me. 

sorry I didn’t explain that well, it’s quite hard to put it into words. 

but anyway, I’m not really sure where things will go with us, and if she’ll even still like me in a few days, but I think at least its so nice to know that the feeling was mutual, and I haven’t messed up our friendship. 

thanks so much for all the help guys

• Yaaas 1

Hey,

Ahh, I see. How come? I thought you might have wanted to go that way because it sounds like you like her a lot.