FreakNamedKai Β  Β 

Help!!!   

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should i come out to my Christian parents???????? πŸ˜“

• Yes!!
    • No!!

HELP!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!

Hey @BiShadow!23

Thanks for coming to us for advice at the Ditch the Label community. How are you doing? I saw that you asked about coming out to your parents, and I'm wondering, do you know how they feel about the LGBTQ+ community?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

My mom is ok with it but my dad hates itΒ 

Hey there,

How are you feeling today? I'm glad to hear that your mom is okay with it, but sorry to hear that your dad hates it. What has he said about LGBTQ+ to show you that he hates it?Β 

He is very christian and thinks its wrong for a man to lay with man and female to lay with female.

Hey @BiShadow!23

Ah, okay, thanks for telling me that. I can imagine that it must be quite difficult for you to know he feels that way when you know your true sexuality; how are you feeling? I hope you're doing as well as you can be.Β 

I'm wondering, do you think there's a chance that he could accept you when you come out? I think that the love a parent has for their child is so powerful, and it can help open up even the most stubborn minds.Β Love is the perfect cultivator for acceptance, and it can really help to keep that in mind when you're in a difficult situation, like wanting to come out to someone with homophobic views. Even if he doesn't accept you straight away, plenty of people that I've supported have said that once they had some time to come to terms with the news, then they have been more accepting. So, a lot of the time, it just requires some patience and trust in the process. Maybe you can take a look at our support guide here and let me now what you think?Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/

Take care and speak soon.Β