a rant about life

Seth

Ive lived in the same city for about 9 years and now im moving 2-3 h away. I was sure i had a good amount of friends, but now, this summer, almost noone has talked to me. I have 2 friends who have wanted to hang out. A few girls from my class said they would host a sending away party for me, but now they dont talk to me. Ive felt so alone for months now. Because of my moms job, i havent seen her a lot either. Everything i do feels wrong. Im scared of going to a new school with new people, cuz i dont exactly fit in. Talking about my problems and feelings feels like im doing it for attention. Im always confused and angry with myself. Ive ruined 3 friend/relationships this year by having feelings. Im scared i wont make it through this year.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Ezra- said:

Ive lived in the same city for about 9 years and now im moving 2-3 h away. I was sure i had a good amount of friends, but now, this summer, almost noone has talked to me. I have 2 friends who have wanted to hang out. A few girls from my class said they would host a sending away party for me, but now they dont talk to me. Ive felt so alone for months now. Because of my moms job, i havent seen her a lot either. Everything i do feels wrong. Im scared of going to a new school with new people, cuz i dont exactly fit in. Talking about my problems and feelings feels like im doing it for attention. Im always confused and angry with myself. Ive ruined 3 friend/relationships this year by having feelings. Im scared i wont make it through this year.

Hey @Ezra- thanks so much for sharing and I hear how bad you are feeling.

Can I firstly clarify what you mean by not making it through the year? Your safety and wellbeing is a priority to us so please let me know.

Moving like this and starting again is of course daunting but it can also be a positive; a chance for a 'fresh start'. Did your friends say that your feelings have affected the friendships?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

HI. Im safe, trying to look for help, just worried i wont be myself anymore. The friends that i had feelings for dont talk to me anymore and avoid contact, so i think thats an affect.

• Digital Mentor
32 minutes ago, Ezra- said:

HI. Im safe, trying to look for help, just worried i wont be myself anymore. The friends that i had feelings for dont talk to me anymore and avoid contact, so i think thats an affect.

Thanks so much for letting me know - I'm very glad you're safe.

When you reach out to these friends now are you being ignored? Do you think there's a chance that you could speak to any of them and have an honest conversation so you can move forward.

Equally, friendship goes both ways and should ideally be balanced and/or complimentary - you deserve respect and communication within a friendship so I wouldn't want you to think that you should take the blame for everything that potentially didn't work out. 

7 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Thanks so much for letting me know - I'm very glad you're safe.

When you reach out to these friends now are you being ignored? Do you think there's a chance that you could speak to any of them and have an honest conversation so you can move forward.

Equally, friendship goes both ways and should ideally be balanced and/or complimentary - you deserve respect and communication within a friendship so I wouldn't want you to think that you should take the blame for everything that potentially didn't work out. 

Thank you. Ill try to talk things through with them.

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Ezra- said:

Thank you. Ill try to talk things through with them.

Let us know how you get on - we're here for you when you need us.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JessFlower33
      The way people can drop litter on the floor annoys me, went on holiday with my dad Steve and we were paddle boarding and I collected so much plastic and rubbish which is so frustrating because fish, and birds have lives 😑 too so why try to *make them better* by littering if your ao eager to harm the planet your living on then I'm.sorry but please do what's right ✅😀
    • By Lillyrose4
      i have loved my daughter's dad for agres he has hurt me abused me and i still have that attraction even though he hurt me pretty badly, is it normal or am i being stupid? I can't let go for some reason help please. he says he loves me and says he's sorry for hurting me but is he? he got so much love since being with me and i am confused ahhh
    • By Isoflute
      I'm fed up with my year being so racist and homophobic and making jokes about religion that really aren't funny at all. And I approach people but they just laugh and say it's our way of banter. And I get that but it's not banter when it's taken that one step too far like they need to learn when to stop.
      Thanks for letting me rant!
    • By Trinity
      everything seems to be crumbling around me right now and im not sure how to deal with it. i was recently sexually and mentally used and abused by a long term family friend and am dealing with the PTSD and related trauma as well as dealing with my dad being a massive prick to me and my mum he is emotionally abusive he punches holes in walls damages my stuff and bullies me. for example his sense of humor is odd at the best of times so whenever he tells a joke i dont understand he screams at me and makes me feel like the scum of the earth he also exploits my trust issues to try and make people feel sorry for him. I flinch when people touch me without announcing it first because of events previously mentioned and i dont let anyone apart from my mother get close to me and today he poked me in the face when i was concentrating on a show i was watching and when i flinched and accidentally hit the wall he then berated me and laughed at me when i was in pain and acted like i had mortally wounded him. he seems to have mum wrapped around his little finger too as he constantly fat shames her and verbally abuses her and she just runs back to him every single time. i want to run away and the only thing thats stopping my is the fact that i dont want to leave mum alone with an asshole like him.

i am so overwhelmed.
    • By Mica
      Okay so everyone already knows about the schools closing due to COVID-19 and I’m kinda struggling with it at the minute so I gotta get some stuff off my chest.
      I never wanted the schools to close cus I didn’t want to be isolated with my family for however long because I knew it would start getting bad again. I just didn’t expect it to happen this fast. We’re on day 10 now and last night my dad decided he was sick of being around his kids. He’d been in a bad mood all day but when my mum got home he was immediately screaming bloody murder to her about how his kids are lazy and selfish and ungrateful and that he couldn’t spend quarantine with us. Next thing I know he’s coming upstairs and into my room and screams at me that he’s had enough. He throws everything off my desk and pushed my shelves over (he targets the books because he knows how much they mean to me) then grabs me by the shoulders and starts shaking me screaming “do you understand?� Over and over in my face. At times like these it’s easiest to say yes and not speak unless asked a question so I do that but he didn’t calm down. He shoved me over then moved onto to my sisters. I kinda just sat there a while after that I’m shock trying to calm my breathing down (I get panic attacks a lot and was trying not to have one now). When I calmed down I went to check on my younger sister. I’d heard more crashing and screaming so I wanted to make sure she was alright. She was sobbing and said he’d grabbed her bye the hair threw her to the floor and hit her in the face. i tried to calm her down a little but we had to clean up before he came back up. When I went back to my room I saw that he had snapped the door handle off in his hand in a blind rage. By the end of the night I’d had two panic attacks, cried for over an hour, self harmed and had another psychotic episode (nothing to bad. Just seeing things that aren’t there. I used to get them as a kid). I still don’t know why he did it or why I get so scared of him when he starts yelling but I don’t think I’m gonna get through this quarantine if things keep happening like this.
      I wanna go back to school and see my friends and get out of this house but there’s nowhere to turn.
      I need to know if this is normal and I’m just over reacting. I don’t know anymore. Things aren’t usually like this. At times my parents act so sweet and tell us they love us so I feel like I’m betraying them for even coming on here but I need to know. I don’t know if this is gaslighting or abuse of some kind or if it’s just completely normal. I’d anyone can offer an insight or anything please do.
      is this normal?