Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve never used this site before, so apologies if I’m doing this wrong lol. I’m really questioning my sexuality right now, and I have been seriously for a few months. I had wondered if I might be gay before, but only really because I hadn’t been able to connect with a male, and honestly just had found them kind of repulsive (no offence!). But I met this girl and I knew straight away that she was cool and I wanted to be friends with her. After seeing her a few times again it quickly turned into a fully obsessive crush. She’s amazing and I was so confused and scared at first, but now after doing a lot of thinking, I’m almost sure I’m not straight, and I don’t dislike the idea. But I still have a lot of problems to consider, like the fact she most likely doesn’t see me that way. 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey @Randomgirl. and welcome! No apologies needed 🙂 

Firstly, it's completely usual and healthy to question our sexuality - for some people they always know and it doesn't waver, but for so many others it can be a pretty fluid or evolving part of our lives. Don't rush it - and do exactly what you are already doing - allowing yourself to be open to who you might be attracted to.

Crushes for everyone can be pretty overwhelming and consuming for all sorts of reasons, whether they end up being romantic, sexual or the feeling isn't returned. But even so we learn a lot about ourselves through them and will usually look back and see them as pretty pivotal parts of our lives. Sometimes it can turn out that the crush is more connected to finally understanding your sexuality rather than the actual person (although I'm sure she's awesome!)

Take your time getting to know this other girl - you could potentially drop in the convo questions that might give you an indication.

How did you meet her and how often do you get to hang out? 

  • Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey @Randomgirl. and welcome! No apologies needed 🙂 

Firstly, it's completely usual and healthy to question our sexuality - for some people they always know and it doesn't waver, but for so many others it can be a pretty fluid or evolving part of our lives. Don't rush it - and do exactly what you are already doing - allowing yourself to be open to who you might be attracted to.

Crushes for everyone can be pretty overwhelming and consuming for all sorts of reasons, whether they end up being romantic, sexual or the feeling isn't returned. But even so we learn a lot about ourselves through them and will usually look back and see them as pretty pivotal parts of our lives. Sometimes it can turn out that the crush is more connected to finally understanding your sexuality rather than the actual person (although I'm sure she's awesome!)

Take your time getting to know this other girl - you could potentially drop in the convo questions that might give you an indication.

How did you meet her and how often do you get to hang out? 

Thank you so much this is already so helpful! I only met her in the last few months. We play camogie together (that’s an Irish sport idk where your from u might not have heard of it -look it up if u have a chance!). I see her about twice a week and when we’re together we get on really well. I feel so different around her. Like I’m genuinely happy. No other emotions like stress anxiety, just happy. ( also kinda nervous lol) I would love to become even better friends with her and maybe meet outside of training but I wudnt even know how, or if she would want that. 

  • Yaaas 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
19 minutes ago, Randomgirl. said:

Thank you so much this is already so helpful! I only met her in the last few months. We play camogie together (that’s an Irish sport idk where your from u might not have heard of it -look it up if u have a chance!). I see her about twice a week and when we’re together we get on really well. I feel so different around her. Like I’m genuinely happy. No other emotions like stress anxiety, just happy. ( also kinda nervous lol) I would love to become even better friends with her and maybe meet outside of training but I wudnt even know how, or if she would want that. 

Okay - firstly I've looked up Camogie and it's all sorts of amazing! 

Amaze GIF

It feels like you've know her long enough to try just casually dropping in a "do ya fancy hanging out sometime" type thing to see how she reacts. It would be good to get to know her a little better anyway as you say. You'd have a better chance of finding out more about her rather than just at camogie. Have an idea or two ready of where you could go in case she says yes so it'll be a bit smoother.

When are you next due to see her? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Okay - firstly I've looked up Camogie and it's all sorts of amazing! 

Amaze GIF

It feels like you've know her long enough to try just casually dropping in a "do ya fancy hanging out sometime" type thing to see how she reacts. It would be good to get to know her a little better anyway as you say. You'd have a better chance of finding out more about her rather than just at camogie. Have an idea or two ready of where you could go in case she says yes so it'll be a bit smoother.

When are you next due to see her? 

That’s a great idea! Thanks 🙂 I’m going on holidays for a few nights so I won’t be seeing her until next Friday 😞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Randomgirl. said:

That’s a great idea! Thanks 🙂 I’m going on holidays for a few nights so I won’t be seeing her until next Friday 😞 

I know that must feel like forever but at least it gives you a little time to work up to it. And hopefully the holiday will be fun - are you doing anything exciting? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Blondie said:

I know that must feel like forever but at least it gives you a little time to work up to it. And hopefully the holiday will be fun - are you doing anything exciting? 

Yes! I’m going camping with my cousins. I’m really looking forward to it, just miss her already😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Randomgirl. said:

Yes! I’m going camping with my cousins. I’m really looking forward to it, just miss her already😂

Oh fun! 🙂 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:21 AM, Randomgirl. said:

I’ve never used this site before, so apologies if I’m doing this wrong lol. I’m really questioning my sexuality right now, and I have been seriously for a few months. I had wondered if I might be gay before, but only really because I hadn’t been able to connect with a male, and honestly just had found them kind of repulsive (no offence!). But I met this girl and I knew straight away that she was cool and I wanted to be friends with her. After seeing her a few times again it quickly turned into a fully obsessive crush. She’s amazing and I was so confused and scared at first, but now after doing a lot of thinking, I’m almost sure I’m not straight, and I don’t dislike the idea. But I still have a lot of problems to consider, like the fact she most likely doesn’t see me that way. 😕

Wow you just said everything I’m feeling! Your not alone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By HowToBreakTheSun
      Hi! I'm Katie, and I am a lesbian. I really want to tell my parents, they keep pushing me to date guys. I have teachers at my school, but can I trust them? I don't have any friends, and I just really need to tell them. The problem? They're homophobic. I can't go to live with any relatives, they all live in Russia or Mexico. So, what should I do? 
      Thanks! 
    • By Lilly-Rose
      i have loved my daughter's dad for agres he has hurt me abused me and i still have that attraction even though he hurt me pretty badly, is it normal or am i being stupid? I can't let go for some reason help please. he says he loves me and says he's sorry for hurting me but is he? he got so much love since being with me and i am confused ahhh
    • By Consolata
      Hi, I have been questioning my sexuality and somehow I think I am bi. I told one of my closest friends about and I thought she loved me just the way I am. Boy was I wrong. She started to discuss on how I should date guys more and forget that l like girls. I felt really offended. She's saying I want to protect you from the ugly world. Yes I know this reality is messed up, but you should love me just the way I am. What should I do about her?
      Again my ex boyfriend says he wants to know if I am straight or lesbian. I don't know how to come out to him. I don't want to look like I want attention from him. I just want him to know who I really am. What should I do? I am already installing a mental breakdown into my brain. Please help me...
    • By umi
      Hey guys, I have a question for those who speak languages that don't have gender neutral pronouns nor names, like mine (portuguese), or anyone who has any ideas.
      In my language, we not only just have she/her or he/him pronouns, but almost every word has an he/him version or a she/her version, and no neutral version. Literally almost every word. It's very dificult to not misgender myself ahaha.
      But, yeah, does anyone has any advice or any idea about what to do in this situation? Appreciate your time ❤️
    • By isxyromavro
      My name is Jason. I'm a 17yo trans man, still in school. I present male online and around my friends (who I am out to), obviously dressing like a typical guy on a daily basis. I'd say I probably pass for the most part as long as you don't look at my face, but that's kind of besides the point. I'm neither out to my school nor to my parents, and I wanted to fix that.
      The thing with my parents is that they're kind of transphobic. I can't really say how transphobic, but they've definitely made comments like "This person is a man—but that's what they want you to think" or "These boys' parents force them to be women" etc. Not to mention they're extremely enbyphobic (though that doesn't exactly concern me personally as I am a binary man—it's still wrong, obviously). Despite all this, I really really want to come out to them and I know how I want to do it (giving them a gender reveal card that says "It's a boy!" before I leave on a school trip, though I'd have to make sure they realize I'm referring to myself so they don't think I'm pregnant or something???), I'm just extremely nervous and I'm not quite sure what exactly I'd want to tell them. I don't even know if it's a good idea, but I'm willing to try. The worst they could do is simply disregard it and reprimand me about it, but I know I probably wouldn't get grounded or anything like that. I really want to start medically transitioning—at the very least get more masculine clothing than the extremely limited amount I have at the moment.
      For school, I just genuinely have no clue how I'd do that. My entire class isn't exactly garbage, but I wouldn't say they're all that supportive of the LGBT community. They're the "I don't really care if you're straight or gay" kind, I feel. I don't really know how the teachers would be with this cause the vast majority of them don't show their own opinions or beliefs (as that isn't allowed for teachers to do where I live). My friend suggested I e-mail our class's main teacher, but I really don't know what I'd write and what I'd want to do after coming out to literally just one teacher. I don't think she really realizes how mortifying the idea of coming out is to me though (she's ace and her own coming out went really smoothly).
      I'm looking for advice, maybe tips and experiences from people who have already come out as non-cis to their parents/school, and just ideas of what to say to either when I do actually come out.
×
×
  • Create New...