This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

I'm depressed every day. Help?

hopefulone    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I am feeling depressed every day. I am having self harm urges.  My mom found out about my self harm. Last month she took away the tools I used to self harm with. Last night I was crying for hours and I cried myself to sleep. I feel hopeless. 

How can I cope with depression and self harm urges? 

Edited by Daisie

Hello @hopefulone

Thank you for telling us about this. It sounds like you're having a pretty tough time at the moment, but I'm glad that you're asking others for help. How are you doing today? I hope you're feeling a little bit better after opening up about this. I'm wondering, have you seen our support guide here? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/ - maybe take a look and let us know what you think. It's good to try out these safer alternatives to self-harm so that you can protect yourself from physical harm. It is also good to explore what is making you feel depressed as you can then help yourself to move forward. I'm wondering, do you have an idea as to why you're feeling this way at the moment? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello @hopefulone

Thank you for telling us about this. It sounds like you're having a pretty tough time at the moment, but I'm glad that you're asking others for help. How are you doing today? I hope you're feeling a little bit better after opening up about this. I'm wondering, have you seen our support guide here? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/ - maybe take a look and let us know what you think. It's good to try out these safer alternatives to self-harm so that you can protect yourself from physical harm. It is also good to explore what is making you feel depressed as you can then help yourself to move forward. I'm wondering, do you have an idea as to why you're feeling this way at the moment? 

I feel  depressed because I feel alone and afraid all the time. I feel like I have no one to talk to about my problems. I have no friends. My family always says homophobic things.  My family doesn't know that I'm a lesbian and that I am in a long distance relationship with a girl. I am very afraid of my family. I feel alone. 

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel alone. I just want you to know that we are here for you and you can talk to us about absolutely anything. It's great that you've got a girlfriend - how is that going? Also, can I ask, when you say you're afraid of your family, why is this? I hope that you're safe. You're not alone. Take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e