Jump to content

My dad found out about Ditch The Label


Foggy_the_enby
 Share

Recommended Posts

So as the title says, my dad found out about Ditch the Label…..

and he’s fine with it!!!!!

I was like, super super super anxious because he walked behind me  while I was on it and I quickly turned my iPad off which made it look really suspicious. I mean the reason why I hide this website is because 1. I’m used to hiding sites where I’m able to talk to people online from them as my parents don’t like that, and 2. My pare are enbyphobic and don’t believe in the existence of other genders such as nonbinary and genderfluid, and I’m nonbinary, so I wouldn’t want them to find out I’m nonbinary at all!!! 

But he discussed it with me and I told him the truth that it’s safe and very well moderated and a pretty small community, but he didn’t believe just my opinion because websites can hide stuff to make it seem like it’s safe. But I know regardless that this site is safe. So he said he’d do research on the site, and I was literally dreading him finding out about that all genders are welcome or something like that and the inclusivity of genders and that being the reason I can’t go on there, but he didn’t!!!! What he did see that made it click for him that this site was safe was that it’s a registered charity, so I don’t have to hide it from him. Which is just shdhdhwwhdhsnsjwjs a huge weight off my chest because when my dad asks what site I’m on, I can say Ditch the Label, and it’s fine. Phew is all I can say. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey @Foggy_the_enby

I'm really glad to hear that your dad is fine with you using our website :). As you can said, I can imagine that this is a huge weight lifted off your shoulders! I'm just wondering, could it be a good idea to hide this post though so he doesn't figure out that this is your account? 

  • Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Foggy_the_enby

I'm really glad to hear that your dad is fine with you using our website :). As you can said, I can imagine that this is a huge weight lifted off your shoulders! I'm just wondering, could it be a good idea to hide this post though so he doesn't figure out that this is your account? 

Yeah I’m happy too. I was nervous he’d ask to see my account so I’d have to quickly change my pronouns and stuff and get rid of my bio but luckily I don’t need to.

I shall try hide this post from him though I doubt he’d be reading it anyway. I’m not sure. But I wouldn’t want him finding out I’m nonbinary through this site that I’m now actually allowed to be on,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Ditch the Label Staff
On 7/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, Foggy_the_enby said:

So as the title says, my dad found out about Ditch the Label…..

and he’s fine with it!!!!!

I was like, super super super anxious because he walked behind me  while I was on it and I quickly turned my iPad off which made it look really suspicious. I mean the reason why I hide this website is because 1. I’m used to hiding sites where I’m able to talk to people online from them as my parents don’t like that, and 2. My pare are enbyphobic and don’t believe in the existence of other genders such as nonbinary and genderfluid, and I’m nonbinary, so I wouldn’t want them to find out I’m nonbinary at all!!! 

But he discussed it with me and I told him the truth that it’s safe and very well moderated and a pretty small community, but he didn’t believe just my opinion because websites can hide stuff to make it seem like it’s safe. But I know regardless that this site is safe. So he said he’d do research on the site, and I was literally dreading him finding out about that all genders are welcome or something like that and the inclusivity of genders and that being the reason I can’t go on there, but he didn’t!!!! What he did see that made it click for him that this site was safe was that it’s a registered charity, so I don’t have to hide it from him. Which is just shdhdhwwhdhsnsjwjs a huge weight off my chest because when my dad asks what site I’m on, I can say Ditch the Label, and it’s fine. Phew is all I can say. 

This is fantastic, I can imagine it must feel like a huge weight has been lifted and is a positive step forward for your relationship, glad you're able to be open with him! 

  • Pride 2

staff-member-b.png.9efcd0d23163ec0e57258

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Harper said:

This is fantastic, I can imagine it must feel like a huge weight has been lifted and is a positive step forward for your relationship, glad you're able to be open with him! 

Indeed! It really is :))

  • Pride 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...