I've sent nudes to someone and now they are threatening to leak it.

Donald

I am a 19 year old guy  and long story short,  I fell into a scam. They are blackmailing me and threate ing to send it to everyone on my contacts. They made me download whatsapp and are demanding money. Before i did anything, i deleted my facebook and made my instagram private. At first i was so scared and naive that i gave into the demands but now they are asking for more. They demand a payment by next Tuesday.  I already filled out a IC3 complaint after finding your charity.  What should I do now? Should I block them now, how should I respond, tell them I file a complaint? What should I do?

• Digital Mentor

Hey Donald,

Thanks for coming to us about this. How are you feeling? I've supported people in similar situations before and I know how stressful this can be, so I just thought I'd check in. 

It's great that you've filled out a complaint. I would send the evidence of your complaint to them and then block. These people rely on others not actually reporting them as most people find it embarrassing, so I'm sure that the fact you've reported them will be enough to stop them in their tracks. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Posted (edited)

I showed the report and they still kept trying to blackmail me. I told them enough is enough and i'm not doing it. They said they will do it but I haven't got word from anyone that it happened.

Edited by Donald

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Donald said:

I showed the report and they still kept trying to blackmail me. I told them enough is enough and i'm not doing it. They said they will do it but I haven't got word from anyone that it happened.

Hey Donald,

I've supported a lot of people in this situation before, and I am still yet to hear of the blackmailer actually posting the pic/vid when they haven't received their payment. The thing is, they probably realise that if they post the content/send it to others, then they definitely won't get their payment as they person who is in the pictures/videos no longer has the threat because it has been done, so they won't pay. What do you think? Have you heard about your report yet? 

• Digital Mentor

Hey Donald,

Maybe there's a way that you can check in on the progress of the report? Also, what do you think of the point I made in my last comment about the blackmailer not posting the content? To be honest, if they were serious about posting, they would have done it by now. The more time that passes, the less likely they are to post it. They usually do it immediately.