Nothing really works. I'm almost done.

NickF

Hi. How are you?

I don't know why but I'm not happy.No matter what happens, I may smile and enjoy the moment but in the end I'm not satisfied with my life.

I think I'm ugly 😅. I have never seen a person uglier than me. And I don't think I have any talents either. I have interests but not talent. I'm not good at any of my interested stuff. For example I like to read but still I'm not smart(aka - a geek). 

But anyway I don't project these problems I try to keep a positive attitude. But deep down I know its just a facade. 

Im hoping to find someone to talk here.

And appreciate if you took time to read this. Good day.

• Digital Mentor

Hello @NickF

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so down on yourself at the moment. It can feel like such a challenge to pull ourselves out of feeling this way, but I know you can do it. Can I ask, how long have you been feeling like this for?

I might be being overly cautious here, but I'm concerned after what you said in the title about how you're 'almost done'. It kind of sounds like you're thinking of maybe ending things, so can I just check in and see how you're doing? We are here to help you and you are not alone. I hope to hear back from you soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Well I've been feeling lost like for almost 6 years. And the way I described above is like the state I'm currently in. It kinda progressed over the time.

I changed alot. I can see that clearly. Like now I never go out. Im always at home. But like 4 or 5 years before I was not like this. Im not sure what changed. May be because these self conscious issues. But I don't feel like going out or interacting with people. Basically I'm just lazy now. Its like, "nothing's gonna work out so why bother" or "who cares" 

Anyway.. No Im not thinking about ending things. Well, I've thought about it, but I'm never doing that. And thanks for your concern. 

• Digital Mentor

Hello @NickF

Thanks for getting back to me. How are you feeling today? I am glad to hear that you are not thinking of ending things, but just in case those thoughts come back again, here is some useful information:

• UK: The Samaritans - 116 123 (This is a 24/7 service)
  • USA: NSPL - 1-800-273-8255 (This is a 24/7 service)
  • This link will give you a list of all crisis lines worldwide: https://www.befrienders.org
  • There's an app I can recommend called Stay Alive https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ - it has safety plans to keep you safe and loads of info.
  • You can also call your doctor or go to any emergency department and ask for help. 

So, from what you've said, I hear that that you've been feeling this way for a while, and that it's kind of progressed over time. From my experience of supporting people who are feeling similarly to you, I often find that there is an experience, of a number of experiences, that brought on these feelings which tend to become stronger over time. I'm wondering, can you think of something that might have happened? Some examples may involve being bullied, or being in an unhealthy relationship. If you don't want to talk about this on the main forum, you can message me by clicking the 'Confidential Support' bar at the top of the webpage. 

I hope to hear back from you soon. Take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By poosheen
      hi everyone, im bi and my pronouns are she/her. i don't talk very much at school or in big groups so i haven't been able to connect with many queer people. i saw this link  on a quiz site and im super bored so yeah haha! hopefully ill make a new friend or two and learn more about the lgbt+ community 🙂
    • By KTG
      I'm not sure what my sexuality is, but most of my friends have some idea of what they are. I know my pronouns are her / she, and think I am attracted to guys but all the straight ones I've met are not as nice as the gay ones. I look at boobs, yes, but only to compare them with my own because I'm self-conscious about them. I guess I'll just experiment when I'm older but I would like to know what my sexuality is now. Also, I don't see why people like sex so much. I don't want to offend people when I say that sticking my finger up someone's vagina or putting someone's penis in my mouth doesn't seem that exciting. Having a penis put up my vagina doesn't seem too bad I guess... Does that mean I'm straight? What does sexual attraction feel like?
      Thanks in advance,
      15 year old female.
    • By Jaime Rose
      Hi friends, it's great to be here!
      I'm Jaime, but you can call me Rose if you'd like. I'm 18, and will be moving to a new city next month to pursue my education and career goals. More pertinent to this website, I am non-binary and gay (nblm), and I use they/them pronouns. I also strongly suspect that I have autism and ADHD, though this is all pending diagnosis (never allowed to get tested as a kid, rip lmao)
      As it pertains to my interests, music is really my biggest thing. I'm a semi-professional keyboardist, and have been playing for over a decade and gigging on a consistent basis for the past three years (with a pretty substantial break 'cause... y'know...). Outside of that, I'm a student-pilot, and an avid fan of retro tech, particularly music tech! In the meantime between now and college, I've been filling up my time with DoorDash (oh, the stories I could tell...) and songwriting!
      And, for anyone that cares about that kind of stuff, I'm an INFP-T, and a 4w5 on the enneagram.
      (also, if anyone thinks that my name seems familiar from another LGBTQ+ website, yes, I am that Jaime 😉)
      Anyway, it's nice to meet y'all! ❤️

• By Cherophobic
      Hi,
      I'm not really good at introductions (or anything in particular) so im sorry if you are reading this mess. I'm new here ; I joined today. I like art, calligraphy and watercolour and acrylic painting. I'm a kpop fan. I can be somewhat pessimsitic at times and sorta depressing. I'm socially awkward and have zero social intelligence. i would love to be your friend? 
    • By lucysswag
      I often blame my feelings on being a teenager, but this time I don't think I'm overreacting. I have been friends with this girl since primary school, and we re-connected 2 years ago. We have been inseparable ever since, except in the past 3 months her behaviour towards me has been questionable. I always make an effort to support her emotionally, I am myself around her but she doesn't put in much. The most I get is a reluctant 'well done' whereas I hype her up feeling genuinely proud of her achievements, making me want to dumb myself down as to not look as if I'm 'smarter' than her. After leaving me out today, I left school feeling so awful and began questioning my own character. I don't think I have hurt her, I did ask, but im just mentally deflated. She is not in anyway a bad person: she is known well for being extremely kind to others. So why am I feeling like this?
      I would really appreciate advice on whether I should just continue as I am or re-consider my friendships? thanks