Relationship

Nappy    

Hi, i have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for quite a while now. I just have discovered she is going through depression and had a very messy and dark past. Thats really affecting our relationship and her as a person. Can anyone please help? 

I don't really know enough to help properly but one thing you need to do is help her talk to someone as it can feel great just to get something out. You can also help just by being there for her as often as you can and do simple nice things like opening the door and making her breakfast (dont make it too obvious though as people dont like to feel they are being 'babysitted') to let her know you are there for her and if she needs help she can come to you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nappy said:

Hi, i have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for quite a while now. I just have discovered she is going through depression and had a very messy and dark past. Thats really affecting our relationship and her as a person. Can anyone please help? 

Hello Nappy,

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend is going through depression and has had a dark past. Can I ask, how are you feeling about everything? I just want you to know that we are here to support you as well as your girlfriend. You are not alone in this. I hope you're doing as well as you can be; just remember that it's okay not to be okay. Speak soon and take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e