This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

this might've added to my tr*uma

milk.bread ย  ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

tw//ab*se, ab*sive parents, being thrown out, cursing

yesterday, my family and i went out on a road trip and there was a bigger than normal fight

basically, it was my mother being her normal 'giant toddler vying for attention' self (i call her this because its basically what she is) and her with her god complex basically,ย and she and my brother started screaming at each other

im used to this so it didnt bother me much, but it highly escalated to the point where she brought him to the cops to dump him there because she didnt want to deal with him

lil background, both my brother and i are autistic, he's professionally diagnosed, and he doesnt always understand why my mom thinks the way she does

honestly, the general people wouldnt either but me being an empath means i know exactly what both sides are thinking but i can't tell them that because it would just not help

she, my brother and the cops talked for a while so that calmed things down a bit

and me, being the only one in the cursed family who has some fucking common sense, diffused the situation

from that, i confirmed my thoughts that if i so much as raised my voice against my mother at the wrong time and did not follow every word she says to the letter, she would be ready and happy to throw me out

and im the only one able to reason with them during a fight without being physically hurt

im still processing this

and i dont know what to do with this confirmed knowledge

Edited by Daisie

6 hours ago, milk.bread said:

yesterday, my family and i went out on a road trip and there was a bigger than normal fight

basically, it was my mother being her normal 'giant toddler vying for attention' self (i call her this because its basically what she is) and her with her god complex basically,ย and she and my brother started screaming at each other

im used to this so it didnt bother me much, but it highly escalated to the point where she brought him to the cops to dump him there because she didnt want to deal with him

lil background, both my brother and i are autistic, he's professionally diagnosed, and he doesnt always understand why my mom thinks the way she does

honestly, the general people wouldnt either but me being an empath means i know exactly what both sides are thinking but i can't tell them that because it would just not help

she, my brother and the cops talked for a while so that calmed things down a bit

and me, being the only one in the cursed family who has some fucking common sense, diffused the situation

from that, i confirmed my thoughts that if i so much as raised my voice against my mother at the wrong time and did not follow every word she says to the letter, she would be ready and happy to throw me out

and im the only one able to reason with them during a fight without being physically hurt

im still processing this

Hey are you okay? If you need to rant Iโ€™m here. I donโ€™t really know you, but again, if you want to rant, Iโ€™m here. I get how the constant yelling can be pretty stressful. I have a whole story on that, but how are you.

9 hours ago, milk.bread said:

im still processing this

Hello @milk.bread

Welcome to our community and thank you for sharing what happened with your mum yesterday. I can imagine that this must be tricky for you to talk about, especially because it only happened yesterday, and I just want you to know that we are here for you.

Can I ask, when you say that you're the only one able to reason with them without being physically hurt, what do you mean by this? ย Also, I'm wondering, do you know what the cops said about the way that your mother went to drop him off at the police station?

I hope you're okay. It's good that you're being open about what happened because this will help you to process it and figure out what to do next. Hang in there - you will get through this. Speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

12 hours ago, Stormy_Skies said:

Hey are you okay? If you need to rant Iโ€™m here. I donโ€™t really know you, but again, if you want to rant, Iโ€™m here. I get how the constant yelling can be pretty stressful. I have a whole story on that, but how are you.

im ok now storm thanks

ย 

10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Can I ask, when you say that you're the only one able to reason with them without being physically hurt, what do you mean by this? ย 

as in, if my brother tries to reason with my mom or dad during a fight, he doesnt know what right words to say and will escalate it

10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Also, I'm wondering, do you know what the cops said about the way that your mother went to drop him off at the police station?

just telling my mom to calm down and my brother that he should listen to her

because the cops had some authority, they listened

• Like 1

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that they listened to the cops; I hope that this kind of thing doesn't happen againย as I can imagine that it's upsetting for you and your brother. Also, I might be being overly cautious here, and I just want to check because of what you said..ย ย do things ever get physical at home? Our community is a safe space, and we will always be here to help you.ย 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 6:10 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that they listened to the cops; I hope that this kind of thing doesn't happen againย as I can imagine that it's upsetting for you and your brother. Also, I might be being overly cautious here, and I just want to check because of what you said..ย ย do things ever get physical at home? Our community is a safe space, and we will always be here to help you.ย 

just sometimes but rarely anymore

2 hours ago, milk.bread said:

just sometimes but rarely anymore

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that things sometimes get physical. I can imagine that this must be hard for you to deal with, and I just want you to know that we are here if you want to talk.

Can I ask, what has happened in the past when things are physical? I appreciate that this might be hard for you to talk about, and I just want you to know that we want to help you. We are looking out for you now.ย