Friendship Advice

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By quintus1
      Sometimes i feel like i am so selfish in the things i do and the things i talk about, i want to stop thinking of myself first
      I know it is sometimes healthy to think of yourself first, but i think it makes me a bad friend??
    • By justdoit
      A close friend began acting distant, if not resentful, towards me, a few months ago. An insult, eye rolls, the silent treatment ensued, and I kept my distance for a few weeks for things to mellow.  Just as we begin to act somewhat normal again—texting, joking—she asks for my help: she needs an invitation embedded into an email (aka, composing an email, and dragging the image into the body). The invitation was for a party I AM NOT invited to, that she is hosting! She profusely thanked me for my help (though I’m sure anyone else with basic computer skills could have assisted with the task, like her husband!), and didn’t say another word. 
      It’s too psychopathic for me to understand intentionally hurting someone—especially a FRIEND—so maliciously.
      I did not give her any reaction, because I believe she was provoking, but she does know I’m mad as hell based on my ignoring her (unlike me) & body language a few days later. She cowered away. 
      Is a “friend” like her even deserving of my piece of mind? Or a discussion? It feels so toxic!
    • By PK27
      Hi, I am a college student, and when things were knew, when we didn't know each other, our college teacher made a group of 5 people, who were active in class in the beginning, the group included me. So I got close to this girl, we used to talk, but we didn't really know eachother as we had never met. Also I was kinda extrovert back then, now I guess I am not. So as time passed, I started feeling fake, with the group, I felt this is not me. I changed also, and I found new friends, with whom I connected more, related more and who were better for my mental health. And during this course of time, shit happened in my previous group and I got detached, but I was still connected with the girl I got close with, but then I realised that she was only good with me, otherwise she was not a good human being, she was fake, jealous and very competitive. But she stood for me, always. And lately, as we haven't been talking, like completely, neither of us text. But recently, as I got more marks in a college test, with my new group of friends, she kinda approached me. Now the issue is, I feel the friendship is done, it kinda feels toxic now, also she is not good with my new friends. And I am a overthinker, and I feel guilty about little things. So now, even when I am sure that I dont want that friendship, it still somehow makes me overthink that what if I am being a bad human being. See I know, I cant be a good person in everyones story, but I just get this doubt that am I doing bad to her. I know she has been there for me, and I have been there for her too, but then I guess how you treat others matter as well. So any suggestions what should I do ? And I guess we both know that friendship is done. Please help.
    • By poosheen
      hey so I wasn't sure where to post this so it's going here!
      I was wondering if anyone wanted to chat and possibly be friends.  I'm not currently at my usual home and there's a huge time difference so I can't talk to most of my friends. 😞
      I like gaming, reading, singing, dancing, and a lot more so if you're into that stuff please reply! Looking for mainly 12-14 y/o 😄
    • By poosheen
      hi everyone, im bi and my pronouns are she/her. i don't talk very much at school or in big groups so i haven't been able to connect with many queer people. i saw this link  on a quiz site and im super bored so yeah haha! hopefully ill make a new friend or two and learn more about the lgbt+ community 🙂