Ask Me Anything: Holly Hagan - TV Personality, Nutrition Coach and Ditch the Label Ambassador!

Holly Hagan    

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

This AMA is now closed. Thanks for all of your questions!

Hey everyone! 
I’m Holly Hagan - TV personality, nutrition coach and Ditch the Label Ambassador. I try to use my platform to raise awareness of the many mistakes I’ve made in the past when it comes to diet culture. Educating people on the correct way to look after their body and mental health. I speak a lot about my experience with eating disorders and fad diets which were a product of years of appearance based bullying both on and offline.

Meeting Ditch the Label I felt an instant connection to the brand and new it was something I wanted to be involved in! Since then we’ve worked on many partnerships together and have even spoken with MPs in the House of Lords on the topic of body image. I’m so proud to be a Ditch the Label ambassador, they have not only helped me but many of my friends overcome difficult online abuse.

Feel free to ask me anything and hopefully I can use my knowledge and experiences to help you. Ask me anything from body image and nutrition to trolling and about my time on Geordie Shore. I'm an open book! ❤️

- Holly Hagan x

Holly-Hagan-Signature-Cover copy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 5

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:35 PM, Jadewar said:

Can running on the treadmill do a full body workout or do you need to incorporate other things? 

yeah if you love running then fab! personally I can't run so I choose to do a mix of hiit sessions and weights. it depends on your goal x

• Like 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/24/2021 at 2:04 PM, bingabong said:

Hey Holly, my question is what is it like to be famous? x

hey! so its weird I don't class myself as famous. I guess I'm recognised etc but I wouldn't say famous. its a very strange feeling being recognised though its not something I think ill ever get used to! even ten years on I'm still baffled when people know who I am lol! x

• Like 3

• VIP (Public Figure)
3 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

Hi Holly, a question for you and Jacob tbh. What do you both think is the secret to a healthy relationship and making it last?

hey!  I 100% think communication is key to any successful relationship. trying to put yourself in the other person shoes and also accepting when you're wrong is a really important. we never argue in 4 years we've had 2/3 arguments and I believe our strong communication skills and boundaries are to thank for that x

• Like 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
28 minutes ago, NightJewel said:

Hey, I have been struggling a lot with binge eating and I'm too ashamed to tell anyone. A lot of my family members have been pointing out my weight gain , even in public and it makes me feel so horrible that I turn to food and it is a horrible cycle for me. What should I do?❤

hey! so sorry to hear that I've certainly struggled with these things in the past and I think it would be beneficial to speak to a doctor about you concerns. setting boundaries with your family members will be helpful let me give you an example

" I don't find comments about my weight helpful and id appreciate if you stopped bringing it up"

I think speaking with a professional is the best bet sometimes family members struggle to understand and lack empathy which can make you feel worse x

• Thanks 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, Harper said:

Hi Holly, great to welcome you to our community! My question: what has been your career highlight so far? 🥰

Hey! I think it has to be getting into the fitness industry and being able to educate my followers on all of the dangerous expensive fads there are out there x 

• VIP (Public Figure)
7 minutes ago, cloudzs said:

are you watching the football tonight? do you like any sports?

yes ill be watching! I'm not the biggest fan of sports but I don't mind big tournaments like euros or world cup x

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff

What's up everybody! It isn't too late to submit your questions for @Holly Hagan! She'll be online in 3 hours and will be here until 4PM BST.

Excited Mtv GIF by Geordie Shore

Staff-Account.png

Hey, I have been struggling a lot with binge eating and I'm too ashamed to tell anyone. A lot of my family members have been pointing out my weight gain , even in public and it makes me feel so horrible that I turn to food and it is a horrible cycle for me. What should I do?❤

• VIP (Public Figure)
3 hours ago, Liam Hackett said:

Hi Holly! Great to have you here. What was your favourite scene to film and why was it the one with me in the House of Lords? 😂 But seriously, if you could choose one - which would it be?

hahahah! House of Lords was fabulous although I was very nervous LOL! I  think it would have to be Mexico series 3 we were so young living our best life riding a little yellow boat in the Mexican ocean it was so fun x

• Haha 2
  • Yaaas 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 9:34 PM, LHWeir said:

Is your calorie deficit weight loss plan suitable for breastfeeding mums, who need to have a higher calorie intake to produce milk for baby? X

no it isn't. nobody should be in a deficit whilst breastfeeding as the baby needs nutrients x

• Like 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/24/2021 at 4:05 PM, PiaDenmark said:

I really struggle to find outfits for larger chest and small waist. Would you ever make a fashion page?

I honestly just live in gym wear so I don't think people would care too much about what I was wearing unfortunately haha! x

• Like 2

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Holly! If you could go back and change anything from your own personal experience of being on TV - what would you change and why?

Staff-Account.png

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/28/2021 at 4:03 PM, LeanneR said:

Where did you gain your nutrition qualification from and how long did it take you to complete? 

I completed my precision nutrition coaching course during lockdown it took me around 6 weeks to complete but I was doing it pretty much full time 5 days a week x

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 minute ago, Holly Hagan said:

from someone who spent her entire teens and half of her 20s desperate to be skinny and pretty, honestly it just gets easier as you get older. when you know what you bring to the table aside from your outer appearance you can then really start to work out who you are as a person. what I've come to realise is you can be the prettiest girl in the room but if you aren't a good person you won't be attractive to others. being a good person and having a beautiful soul is what radiates though. id much rather someone tell me I have a beautiful soul than a pretty face x

Ok making this my 2021 mantra! Love this @Holly Hagan

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 6:24 PM, Tomy said:

Hi Holly, have you heard of a cryptocurrency called wenlambo I heard Scotty T was invested 

hey, no I haven't x

• VIP (Public Figure)
20 hours ago, EsterAnna said:

What does the tattoo on your lower back say? 
Love youu ❤️

hahah its actually guns and roses and it has the lyrics "because everybody dies but not everybody lives" LOL cringing as I write that please allow my 18 year old gangsta self haha x

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Holly Hagan said:

hey! so sorry to hear that I've certainly struggled with these things in the past and I think it would be beneficial to speak to a doctor about you concerns. setting boundaries with your family members will be helpful let me give you an example

" I don't find comments about my weight helpful and id appreciate if you stopped bringing it up"

I think speaking with a professional is the best bet sometimes family members struggle to understand and lack empathy which can make you feel worse x

Thank you so much ❤ You're truly amazing ❤️