Koala girl Β  Β 

1 minute ago, Blue22031 said:

just be chill about it, maybe leave a note lying around saying that you like both boys and girls. That's what i did and they were pretty cool aboutΒ  it

I'm just really scared to do it because they're christian, and technincly homosexuality is against that

Just now, clara said:

I'm just really scared to do it because they're christian, and technincly homosexuality is against that

oof yeah thats a difficult situationΒ 

Just now, clara said:

I'll probably just keep it a secret for now, but eventually i'll have to tell them...

well do you want to keep it to yourself? You're better of not keeping secrets and if they say anything that is offensive then stand up for yourselfΒ 

13 minutes ago, Blue22031 said:

well do you want to keep it to yourself? You're better of not keeping secrets and if they say anything that is offensive then stand up for yourselfΒ 

well, they never SAY anything that's homophobic or offensive, but i see the way that look at lets say a same sex relationship. like if we're at the store and they see a gay couple or something, they'll look at them in a way that i can see that they dont support it.Β 

Just now, clara said:

well, they never SAY anything that's homophobic or offensive, but i see the way that look at lets say a same sex relationship. like if we're at the store and they see a gay couple or something, they'll look at them in a way that i can see that they dont support it.Β 

do you think it might be different with you as your there child?

1 minute ago, Blue22031 said:

do you think it might be different with you as your there child?

honestly i have no idea. as far as i know, there are no lgbtq people in our family other than me

Just now, clara said:

honestly i have no idea. as far as i know, there are no lgbtq people in our family other than me

have you ever dated someoneΒ  as the same gender as you?

Just now, clara said:

yes

you don't need to exactly tell them face to faceΒ  you could just write something in a book and leave it lying on the floor so they could find it but do that if you want toΒ 

Just now, Blue22031 said:

you don't need to exactly tell them face to faceΒ  you could just write something in a book and leave it lying on the floor so they could find it but do that if you want toΒ 

ooo ok that could work

It might help to find out if your parents are homophobic first because if they are not you can probably take a more straight forward approach with out having to worry about consequencesΒ 

• Pride 1

5 hours ago, clara said:

does anyone here have any tips for coming out to your parents as bi?

I just told my parents. My step-dad doesn't approve but my other ones do! So you can only hope for the best. Just be yourself and dont think about it. Say it and get it done with.Korean Drama Yes GIF by The Swoon

12 hours ago, clara said:

yeah tbh i do not think im ready yet. the only ppl ive told are my closest friends

Hey Clara,

How are you? I think before coming out, as Saphira said, it might be a good idea to figure out if they have homophobic views or not. Could you maybe watch an LGBTQ+ show or film with them and see what they think? If they do show those kinds of opinions, remember, they often don’t last forever, and the love that a parent has for their child is such a strong force in helping to open up their mind and become more accepting. Time and patience is key to moving forward with this kind of thing. What do you think?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

18 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Clara,

How are you? I think before coming out, as Saphira said, it might be a good idea to figure out if they have homophobic views or not. Could you maybe watch an LGBTQ+ show or film with them and see what they think? If they do show those kinds of opinions, remember, they often don’t last forever, and the love that a parent has for their child is such a strong force in helping to open up their mind and become more accepting. Time and patience is key to moving forward with this kind of thing. What do you think?Β 

I think that's a great idea! Thank you so much!Β 

Hey Clara,

Great! Would you like to let us know how it goes? Good luck! As I said, many parents become more accepting over time, and it can just take them a while to come around to the news, so it's important to be patient. Maybe you can take a look at our support guide here and let me know what you think?Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e