Koala girl    

11 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Awesome_ninja

No need to apologise at all - we are here to help you 🙂

It's good to know that your mum will support you. I see that you've said your dad is homophobic as well as other people in your family. I'm wondering, how has this been for you? What kind of things have they said and done? I hope you're okay. Speak soon. 

I openly asked my dad about a  week ago what he would think if I came out as lesbian or bi or something and he just went silent and I could see he was very uncomfortable so I bought up the topic with my other relatives and they had the same reaction although some were much worse than others and I have the feeling that my dad may kick me out if I tell him. It has been really hard to keep this a secret for so long because I never hide things from my parents and always try to tell the truth so I have accidentally been leaving clues for my mum and that is why I found this website.

Hey,

That's interesting that they were silent. I'm wondering, what do you think some other reasons for their silence might be? I've heard a few people say this, and it can sometimes be because they don't know what to say and are shocked. Also, I completely get what you're saying about how it's hard to keep this kind of thing a secret. However, it's good that you're opening up to others because this will help you to work through it 🙂

How are you feeling today? 

• Pride 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yesterday was my 12th birthday (thats why i wasn’t really online) and I decided I couldn’t keep the secret alone anymore so when my mum tucked my into bed, I just burst out crying and she got really upset because she thought I didn’t enjoy my birthday until we were both crying so I had to tell her. She cried some more but she got over it quite quickly and asked me questions like how did I know, how long did I know etc and I answered all of them. After that, she said she will always love me just the way I am and she will help me tell my dad when I feel ready and then she carried on as normal (although when we get onto the topic now, she is careful what she says).

• Pride 1

Good job telling your mom

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:47 PM, Koala girl said:

Hi I’m bisexual.

I created this group for anyone who is bisexual and we can talk about anything.

Koala girl 

Hi !! Sorry for the big text but i kinda need some answers..

I've been questioning my sexuality for 3 years. In 2018 i thought i was bi because i liked a girl i met online, as the time went by i started to loose the feelings and later i identified as straight. I tought it was just a little crush/phase. This year i started to question my sexuality again and i think that i might be bi. Saying im straight doesn't sit right to me.  But some times i dont feel confident when i think im bi beacuse i never made out with a girl. Im looking for some answers. Thanks ! <33

7 hours ago, Saphira said:

Good job telling your mom

Thanks, now I have told my mum, I’m telling my dad tomorrow and I think I will be ok then! Thank you for helping me through this.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, idk123gb said:

Hi !! Sorry for the big text but i kinda need some answers..

I've been questioning my sexuality for 3 years. In 2018 i thought i was bi because i liked a girl i met online, as the time went by i started to loose the feelings and later i identified as straight. I tought it was just a little crush/phase. This year i started to question my sexuality again and i think that i might be bi. Saying im straight doesn't sit right to me.  But some times i dont feel confident when i think im bi beacuse i never made out with a girl. Im looking for some answers. Thanks ! <33

Hey,

I saw your other post abut this, so I've replied there. 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, Koala girl said:

Hi I’m bisexual.

Koala girl 

Im queer but not bi, can I join?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, Koala girl said:

Hi I’m bisexual.

Koala girl 

Hii I think I'm bi too and I would love talking with u:)) I don't really know how to use this lmaoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im bisexual and i just told my parents.. my dad was not happy.. ghost lgbt GIF by Happip

3 hours ago, BiShadow!23 said:

Im bisexual and i just told my parents.. my dad was not happy.. ghost lgbt GIF by Happip

Hey,

How are you feeling? I hope you're doing as well as you can be. I just replied to your post about your sexuality and then saw this. I'm sorry to hear that he was not happy - can you tell me more about what happened? It's totally okay if you don't want to talk about it though. I know that it might not seem like it now, but in this kind of situation, the parent usually just needs some time to calm down and process what has happened, and it does usually get better. I've talked a lot about this in my other reply, so please take a look, and I hope to hear back from you soon. Just remember that we are here for you and you're not alone 🙂

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

How are you feeling? I hope you're doing as well as you can be. I just replied to your post about your sexuality and then saw this. I'm sorry to hear that he was not happy - can you tell me more about what happened? It's totally okay if you don't want to talk about it though. I know that it might not seem like it now, but in this kind of situation, the parent usually just needs some time to calm down and process what has happened, and it does usually get better. I've talked a lot about this in my other reply, so please take a look, and I hope to hear back from you soon. Just remember that we are here for you and you're not alone 🙂

Thank you for this really!!!!

23 hours ago, BiShadow!23 said:

Thank you for this really!!!!

Hey @BiShadow!23

That's okay 🙂

I just wanted to check in and see how everything is going after telling your dad? How are you doing? 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, clara said:

does anyone here have any tips for coming out to your parents as bi?

just be chill about it, maybe leave a note lying around saying that you like both boys and girls. That's what i did and they were pretty cool about  it