Straight or Bi?

Jorjaquestion    

Hi,

ive been questioning my sexuality for a while now, and I’ve always been stuck figuring it out.  I think I’m attracted to girls but also boys. I’ve never dated a girl but I think I would. I’m also scared that if I do come out as anything other than straight, my friends and family will see me differently. I’m just really stuck trying to figure out what I like,

Jorja

• Thanks 1

Heyyy @Jorjaquestion

Welcome :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to people who reach out to us. It's lovely to have you here! 

Thanks for telling me that you've been questioning your sexuality; you're doing a good thing by opening up and this will help you loads. I think that the best way to understand ourselves more is to have different experiences, so it would be really good for you date more and do something different. What do you think?

Also, the fear you have about family and friends seeing you differently is a pretty common thing to think in this kind of situation. Most people build it up a lot and get really stressed about it, but when it happens, everything is totally fine. Even if some of them are shocked by the news at first, after some time, they usually end up coming around to the idea. But anyway, I think it might be better to focus on figuring out your sexuality first before thinking about coming out. What do you reckon? 

Speak soon! 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e